Biology tour/major

<p>Hi! We went on a campus info session and tour during the summer (no t-shirt for us:( ) but we are planning on going for another visit to the Biology info session. This is one of her top picks. Do you think it will be a waste of time?</p>

<p>Stats are top 10%- 3.6 UW- small school in NY
URM-Hispanic
SATS- Mid 600s</p>

<p>If your D went to our high school she’d be right in the thick of it, so I don’t think you’d be wasting your time at all. The URM can only help. I say go for it, the trade off of a few bucks for the app fee is more than worth it if you can get into a good school at state tuition rates.</p>

<p>Its worth it. She has a good chance of admission.</p>

<p>Make sure she is committed to being a bio major. I am currently a freshman bio major and it is a ton of work.</p>

<p>My son, my wife and I did the campus tour and Bio presentation Easter week. My son took all the SATs as Hispanic. His stats are very similar to your daughters, 3.6 unweighted, 650 math, 610 verbal. I can tell you that he gets approximately 3-4 pieces of mail every week from Geneseo. These mailings have been going on for months. This school actively recruits URM and males. It would be better for her if she was a male, but it is definately NOT a waste of time to visit again/apply. </p>

<p>If you go to ************** and enter a profile, you can then search by schools, be ass’d a selectivity index, look at school admisson stats, and even grid the people that were admitted along two axises (sp?). One axis can be SAT average, the other unweighted GPA, you can change the criteria, to say SAT math and URM, or weighted GPA and HS rank, etc. The results for private schools and Geneseo will put a smile on your face.</p>

<p>The thing they xxxed out is something like “my chances dot net”. Just put it all together.</p>

<p>Thanks! I will do that~ she really wants to go there!</p>

<p>You’re welcome.</p>

<p>Looks like my son wants to ED at Geneseo.</p>

<p>It’s so far…<sniff></sniff></p>

<p>ny mom - it is not a waste of time. She has a good chance of admission. I would apply.</p>