Biomedical Engineering?

<p>How strong is the Biomedical Engineering Program at Virginia Tech? I am trying to decide between the program at VT and VCU. I know VCU might be a little stronger due it being surrounded by MCV and other medical programs. Also VCU has a strong medical program which would mean opportunities for collaboration. Can anybody give me more insight and maybe some comparisons?</p>

<p>As of right now as far as I am aware of, VT only has the 5 year Masters program with Wake Forest for Biomedical Engineering, but they did just announce a Biomedical Engineering minor set to start in 2013. Don’t know if this helps your decision at all!</p>

<p>I’m a grad student in engineering (masters) here and we don’t have an undergrad program. BME minor starts in fall 2013 i think (as said by Brodgers2012). BME is an up and coming field and they are taking applicants from a lot of different majors (for grad programs). At VT, I’m pretty sure BME branched out of ME. There are still a lot of joint ME/BME professors. A lot of schools still dont have BME undergrad, so I don’t think u would be at a disadvantage if u wanted to go to grad school in BME and had an undergrad in ME with a minor in BME (of something of the sort). Our grad program is sitting around top 50 right now for BME. It is lower than our other engineering grad schools here, but rightfully so since its still pretty new. I think itll continue to move up and within 5 years or so we’ll prob have the undergrad BME major. I’m actually applying there for grad school (among other BME schools) for my PhD.</p>