Biomedical Engineering

<p>How is it at UM? I know they've got a good medical school, but I haven't heard a thing about their engineering anywhere. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.</p>

<p>The problem is with most ranking systems is that they only rank the Graduate programs when it comes to engineering, medical and the like. Generally though, if the med school is good, it follows that their biomed will be decent as well.</p>

<p>Frankly, unless you plan on going to one of the top programs (say the top 10), then just getting your degree WITH great grades will be more important than the particular school. So choose somewhere that you will not only get a great education and that you will succeed at, but where you think you will really enjoy your college experience. Remember, you're going to work the rest of your life, your undergrad years should be some of the best and most enjoyable of your life.</p>

<p>thanks, that makes a lot of sense</p>

<p>Yeah, but remember that the rest of your career is largely based on what you study in college (unless you go start your own business or something), so don't party so hard that you blow it.</p>