Biomedical engineering

<p>So I've been reading posts on here all saying bad things about the biomedical engineering field. Is it considered a good major at UW Madison? After I complete my undergraduate will I be able to get a job?</p>

<p>Check with the engineering school for job placement. It may be one of the majors that is very competitive and hard to get.</p>

<p>The Engineering Career Services office is the place to ask, for any engineering major. Their website (<a href=“Engineering Career Services – College of Engineering – UW–Madison”>Engineering Career Services – College of Engineering – UW–Madison) has information and job statistics. </p>

<p>The newest release they have on their website is 2011-2012.
<a href=“Engineering Career Services – College of Engineering – UW–Madison”>Engineering Career Services – College of Engineering – UW–Madison;
In that year, out of 59 BS graduates, 54% went to graduate schools, 41% accepted a job, total placement 95%. Median starting salary was 60k, average 56k.</p>

<p>Biomedical engineering is a great field to go into. It is supposed to be one of the fastest growing fields with over 60% job growth projected in the next 5 years.</p>

<p>At UW Madison it is one of the most competitive engineering departments to get into only accepting about 50 students per year so some of the smartest people are in this field. Overall, if you are a biomedical engineer from UW Madison, I would bet you could get a job if you have a decent GPA and are able to sell yourself well to employers. Which is pretty much the same with any other job.</p>