Birthday

<p>Any restaurants in T-town have online gift certificates that I can send via email? S has a big B’day this week and I couldn’t really think of anything.</p>

<p>You can get Publix to make your son a cake and have him pick it up. A friend of mine has done that the past two years – she paid with a credit card over the phone. Then, she called her son and had him stop over for the cake to share with his roommates.</p>

<p>Hmmmm…</p>

<p>Try Longhorn and Olive Garden and Red Lobster.</p>

<p>Be sure to call and check at the Tuscaloosa restaurant. We bought a Subway gift card here and sent it in a card to our son earlier in the semester. Subway assured me all branches honored the card. Others sent it to various universities with no problems. The Subway at the Ferg did not honor it. </p>

<p>He uses it when he visits Wal Mart though. At least they honored it.</p>

<p>Thanks for the ideas, I think I’m going to call Longhorn. I’m sure he could use a good steak. They do have gift cards that you order, but I’m thinking I will call & see if I can leave a cc for dinner or something. </p>

<p>You can order cakes at Lakeside too, but you’ve got to pick it up and I think it serves 20. Not sure what he would do with that. I was going to bake something and mail it, but he’s not a huge sweet eater, he likes cupcakes, but they wouldn’t ship well. I was looking into that great cupcake place in T-town but they don’t deliver. Maybe we can have a belated cake at Thanksgiving.</p>

<p>Idinct…did you check with Gigi’s or Sweets Cupcakes? Sweets is new and in downtown (601 Greensboro)…right by the shirt Shop. Mary Booth and Pat Raynowska own it. the number is 205-752-1440…you might try them (if you haven’t already) and see if they will work with you. When I talked with her concerning DD’s bday in October I got the impression that they might be interested in delivering to the sorority house…just a thought. We had them when I was in town for the Arkansas game…they were quite good :).</p>

<p>Thanks, I’ll give them a call. That might work.</p>

<p>ldinct - someones kid might be able to pick something up for you and drop it by.</p>

<p>could you get in touch with the roomies to do something for him? and you could mail them a check (or just have son pay them back).</p>

<p>if you know what you want, i could ask my DD. what do you think he would like?</p>

<p>where does he live?</p>

<p>Thanks Mike for the wonderful offer. He would kill me if I took either suggestion- ha ha, he would be so embarrassed.I think I am going to try Longhorn. He won’t feel bad not having a cake, he wouldn’t eat it. I think one of his bf’s mom baked something and sent it down anyway. I sent him a small gift and a card, he just won’t have it in time.
We are not huge with birthdays in our family, we don’t have parties or anything.</p>

<p>I wonder if JimmyJohns would deliver a gift card. They deliver to dorms anyway so maybe they would deliver a little Jimmy John package!</p>

<p>My friend just gave gift cards to a few young men who helped her D move in at school and they were thrilled!</p>

<p>265=366=3699 for the location on University</p>

<p>If you are giving him a gift card for Longhorn, they have some very good desserts which could substitute for birthday cake. Best wishes on his birthday from me and his CC friends!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>