Biz Econ Major- which UC?

<p>hi i’m considering to become a business economics major and they’re offered at a number of UCs and since I don’t know how they’re ranked at each school, I’m asking if anyone would know and if there is a distinct difference? The main four UCs i’m considering are ucb, ucla, ucd, uci, but ucb i don’t think is offering biz econ, just econ. and i think ucd has something similar to biz econ which is managerial econ. I just actually want to know a biz econ degree from which UC would be more marketable, interns and other opportunities aside. I only plan on applying to those 4 UCs, but if another UC is is significantly better in the program, i might consider it. THANKS</p>

<p>Despite UCR's rep, I heard it has a decent biz econ program but don't hold me to that.</p>

<p>There is no undergraduate ranking. Apply and see where you get in. Choose based on the school being a strong fit for you overall. Don't worry about the small distinctions in the programs. Get good grades.</p>

<p>ok thanks for the replies. so what I'm getting is..a UCLA biz econ degree compared to a UCI biz econ is about the same? hmm.. I would thought for sure a biz econ degree from UCLA would look so much better on the resume</p>

<p>A UCI degree could take you just as far if you get great grades there. (I assume you are looking to go to grad school) Either way it would also be crucial for you to find an excellent internship and really put a lot of time and work in to it in addition to your classes. This is true no matter where you go to school. First you need to apply and see where you actually get accepted. If you get into UCLA THEN you can start making some comparisons. Don't be fooled into thinking a piece of paper with "brand X" on it is your ticket to success. You need to do something with your time in college besides just take the required classes.</p>

<p>oh ok thank you. actually i don't know if i want to go to grad school or not. it's too soon right now. i plan on making a trip with my parents down to uci and ucla and talk with the counselors there and see what happens; im from northern california. but if this question could be answered here, i will probably feel more confident if the answer is reaffirm with my counselor and my question is..when is the best time to start an internship? not surprisingly i hope that i assume i couldn't be able to do much in the field of biz econ if i am still completing my GEs in the first year or two and that i should have sufficient amount of knowledge in biz econ (junior or senior year? perhaps even after i graduate if that is possible? i don't know much) in order to start internships? correct me if im wrong but that is what im thinking.</p>

<p>My D is a managerial econ. major at UCD. She started an internship midway through her freshman year. The sooner the better. If you don't find an area of interest right away you can try other internships. UCD has one of the largest internship programs in the country. Make sure wherever you decide to go you can find good opportunities in the area you are interested in. Internships look great on your resume and help you develop contacts for future employment.</p>