BIZ MBA (undergrad plus MBA)

<p>There is a new program approved by Culverhouse for high performing business students to get their MBA in one additional year. This seems quite comparable to the STEM MBA program already in place. Although the program has been approved, the launch date has not been set. Does anyone happen to have any info about when this program will be in place? Thanks</p>

<p>I haven’t heard about this one, but I’ll be watching this thread.</p>

<p>I haven’t heard about this program either, but it sounds like a great option for many students.</p>

<p>I wonder if this will replace the University Scholars Program for business students or supplement it to include more majors. It will be great if more business majors have the opportunity to get a MBA in 5 years, since right now only economics and finance majors can.</p>

<p>^Right now dual BS/MBA degrees are only an option through the STEM MBA program, which is only open to selected STEM majors. From what I’ve been told, the University Scholars Program was created to increase enrollment in under-enrolled master’s programs. The master’s programs grew larger as a result and the increased prestige of UA, are now slightly larger than was originally forecast. While I don’t think that the University Scholars program will go away, it will face competition from this new program.</p>

<p>Keep in mind that many top MBA programs highly suggest or even require 3-5 years of work experience for admission and that prestige is more of a factor in MBA programs than it is for undergrad. While I highly recommend the University Scholars Program and have enjoyed the MBA classes I’ve taken, I’m not too sure that having top students getting MBAs right away is the best idea. While it’s fairly common to have multiple specialty master’s degrees, it’s not common for US-educated individuals to have multiple MBAs.</p>