Black Class of 2013 hs Thread

<p>What?
We’re juniors.</p>

<p>No this is the correct thread. It’s for people who are currently juniors and will be graduating in 2013. If you had read the previous posts you would know this.</p>

<p>Or if you read the title…anyway any get their PSAT scores back yet?</p>

<p>I’m waiting anxiously for mine.
The curves are scaring me ):
I just want a 200</p>

<p>Not I. My counselor refuses to give them to use until after the first of the year.</p>

<p>Junior year has been pretty stressful thus far, but right now I’m anxious to get my PSAT scores! The classes I’m taking are AP English, Pre-Calculus Advanced, AP United States History, SUNY Spanish, Physics, and AP Biology. My college list is this:</p>

<p>Emmanuel College(Honors Program)
Howard U(BS/MD Program)
Northeastern U(Honors Program)
SUNY Buffalo( Honors Program)
Georgetown University
U Maryland Coll Park(Honors Program)
U Mass Amherst(Honors Program)
U Pennsylvania(First Choice!)
U Pittsburgh(Honors Program)
U Virginia</p>

<p>Dang your list is long mine is only:
Johns Hopkins
University of Oklahoma</p>

<p>Yours is pretty short.
Only 2 schools?</p>

<p>^Lol yeah I need to search for more schools because one is a safety and the other is a major reach. Any tips on how to find some new colleges to add to my list?</p>

<p>Does your school have college guidance department? Mine does, and they’re helping me find schools.</p>

<p>Have you tried college searches?</p>

<p>Yeah but I get way to many matches o non at all.</p>

<p>213 on the PSAT at South Carolina!!!</p>

<p>I decided to do IB. I can’t tell if that was a mistake, because the four AP classes I would’ve taken instead might have swamped me, too. Oh, well. I love the classes, usually. It’s just that I’m cross-enrolled at a nearby school so I can do it, and this puts a real crunch on my EC capacities, social capital, and renders me late for 50% of my classes.</p>

<p>I’m not picky enough to have a good list of colleges desired atm.
I do have safeties, though:

• New College of Florida
  • Honors College at University of South Carolina</p>

<p>I really hate that last one because it’s so close to home, but the benefits of going there (price, scholarship deluge, attention given to honors students, etc) are so great. Besides, my parents will force me there if I don’t get into some super-prestigious college or something.</p>

<p>I like UChicago A LOT, but it has a crappy financial aid infrastructure that my resources simply won’t be able to compensate for. I could do the ROTC thing to pay for it, though, which is probably what I’ll end up doing.</p>

<p>My top schools are:</p>

<p>Vanderbilt
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
University of Southern California
Clemson
University of Texas - Austin
Columbia
Harvard
Princeton
Emory</p>

<p>I’m from Atlanta, so I would prefer schools with nice weather year round like in Georgia! Also, I LOVE college football and basketball so DI sports are a must have! (That’s why Emory is so far down on the list.) I have a pretty good GPA (4.34) and class rank (5th out of 460) so I’m also looking for some schools that can provide good merit aid or financial aid.</p>

<p>Hey guys!</p>

<p>How’s it going? Hope you all enjoyed winter break!</p>

<p>I’m enjoying my break! I just wish it wouldn’t ever in.</p>

<p>I can’t wait to go to college I want to live on campus! I live in Cali so will probably go to a CSU I don’t think I want to go to a UC anymore and I won’t be going to a HbCU because its too far…anyone taking APUSH or ab calculus-those classes are bringing me down so is spanish 3 :(</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-M910 using CC App</p>

<p>Midterms are finally over!!</p>

<p>Now that I’ve gotten into college,
I’m starting to do the real freaking out!
Idk where I’m going!
And when I get there I have no clue WHAT life will be like, lol…
How do you go about even making friends in an environment like that.</p>

<p>@Mrluggs Dang! When do you get out then? Your year but be latter than mine</p>

<p>@MollyBloom Umm I think you go the wrong thread…this is class of 2012 ie juniors</p>

<p>oh crap. i thought this was 2013…</p>