Black male northwestern.

I have recently done early decision at northwestern. I would really appreiciate your honest opinion, no matter how critical it is

Lets start with the bad. 3.4 gpa
1820 sat

Now good. Top 5 percent in my class of 600. Captain of brain brawl, debate, president of philosophy club, spanish honor society, national honor society, 2 years football, internship for vice mayor. Letter of rec from him. 750 us history subject test 680 lit, numerous debageawards, blood drive, letter of rec from university professor who was my teacher, significant upward trend. A lot of AP (8) plenty of d.e.

weinberg applicant

I have similar stats as far as gpa and sat goes, as well as, being black. Honestly I don’t think we have a good chance at Northwestern but it does not hurt to try. I hope you get in though! Sorry if this wasn’t helpful or seemed mean-spirited.

Top 5% of your class? With a 3.4? So you must attend a very rigorous school. You have not given enough details but top 5% of 600 is pretty darned good. Did you take the ACTs? If not, why not?

I was wondering about nhs with 3.4? Is that weighted or unweighted? At my kids school you need a 3.75 for nhs. Northwestern is a high reach, I hope you have some matches and safeties.

no trying to be mean but how are top 5% of your class with a 3.4

For what it’s worth I’m attending Northeastern and I’m very happy and thankful. Honestly guys I did not slack in high school. My weighted GPA is a 4.8 and my class is very competitive. Pretty much everyone takes extra summer classes to boost their GPA including myself. Many of us are going out of state so it all worked out.

And I did not get into Northwestern E.D. if that wasn’t obvious