Black teen unemployment is super high

<p>Black</a> Teen Unemployment At 41.6% - Fox Nation</p>

<p>I hate this stat. I see it in life and it makes me sad for the next gen.</p>

<p>Of course this is reported by Fox.</p>

<p>Why the unemployment rate is so high, I’m not sure. I would say education but the traditional definition of teen suggest that most of the blacks applying for jobs are (hopefully) still in school, so I wouldn’t say that. Maybe it’s just prejudice.</p>

<p>It was published in the Huffington Post too and its reported in the Labor Department report. I don’t see how where its reported makes a difference.</p>

<p>That said, I am seeing this stat played out in real life in the youth at my Church, in nieces and nephews and my my own kid’s struggles.</p>

<p>The beginning of the recession wiped out a generation of accumulated black wealth. The continuing stagnation is wiping out the wealth of the next couple generations of blacks before they ever have a chance to earn it.</p>

<p>This will lead to greater despair and hopelessness at the same time the political parties are eager to court a new, larger, wealthier and most coveted minority group, Hispanics. There are roughly 30 million blacks making up 12% of the population. Hispanics are at 13% and the legalization of 12 million more will send black issues to the abyss.</p>

<p>So, these stats are too bad to ignore. Black people must wake up.</p>