Blinn-Brenham Engineering Academy

Howdy y’all! I applied for Fall 2020 as a Freshman and was given the PSA offer and I came across the Blinn Brenham Engineering Academy today. I was wondering if anyone knows how competitive it is to get admission into the academy? I know only 100 or 150, so it seems like it would be a big reach, but I’m kinda interested. :slight_smile:

Id like to know the answer to this as well. My son applied last year to the Academy in San Antonio. We received the referral to TAMU last month (that he met all of the junior college requirements) and now we wait for TAMUs answer. I have heard that these pre-vetted students have an acceptance rate in the high 90% - but I don’t know how reliable that information really is. It is a very long and drawn-out process, though.

We are pretty frustrated because admissions says they have until the end of July to provide an answer, but that leaves no time to move on to another plan (housing deposits, etc) at another school.

Out of curiosity, what PSA schools are you considering if any?

@kbbeale I wish that I would have known about this a long time ago… it seems like a great opportunity, but I have heard the process was ehh and with me applying so late, i’m not sure i’ll have a chance but i’m still going to try since applications are open through June.
I definitely don’t want to wait until July for an answer though. :confused:

I’m actually not considering taking the PSA route because my specific major in Engineering i’m wanting (Biomedical) doesn’t participate in it.

The blinn Brenham academy is so worth it. Brenham is about an hour or less from Cstat. They can go to Tamu games as well and the faculty at Brenham is fantastic. Then at end of year one the students will apply to ETaM like any tamu student. Highly successful program.

@AggieMomhelp Thank you so much for that info! Do you know how competitive it is to get a spot in the academy? I submitted my ACT scores with 26 Math and 27 English.

I got in last year with a 30 math 35 English, but they put a major emphasis on the math section for admittance. I think you’ve got a solid shot at getting in with a 26.

I do not know how competitive it is. I do know it’s less than TAMU of course and limited seating. 26 math could be low, but if all else looks good with course readiness, you’d be a good candidate for the program!!! Blinn Brenham is actually a pretty school for a juco and all engineering students live together. They create a pretty good bond and a sense of belonging, which is nice. Good sports there as well.

@CSCE23 Thank you for your feedback. :slight_smile: I really hope so, if I would’ve found out about this earlier I would’ve really pushed harder for a higher math subscore.

@AggieMomhelp Yes, I’m hoping my Dual Credit courses and APs can help pull me through for this one. I wonder if they also consider extra curriculars or if it’s strictly test scores/ course rigor? I’m really trying to avoid having to straight transfer into A&M next year. Fingers crossed I will get a decision before June/July.