Blinn TEAM and RELLIS Campus

My son was accepted to Blinn TEAM and recently received an email informing him that he would be taking his Blinn classes at the new RELLIS campus. Did anyone else’s Blinn TEAM student receive this same email? He wants to major in Finance FWIW. Looks like an awesome facility. TAMU bus route 47 will take them there.

@ATXAggie Yes! My son received the same email…we are very excited! It looks like a great facility. Now if he can just work on those time management skills so he can learn how to plan to get to the bus on time we will be good!

Thanks for the reply @jrs4518, I was beginning to think my son was going to be the only one there lol!

My DD got the same email. I am worried that she will need to catch a different bus now instead of the 12 on campus. I looked up the bus and it show only off campus.She is planning on staying in a dorm on the north side so I will have to look into that but the campus looks really mice.

Is this a new thing for next year? My daughter is currently a Freshman on Blinn-TEAM and takes classes at both TAMU and Blinn-Bryan campuses. She plans to stay on Blinn-TEAM next year as she hasn’t decided on a major. But it will be In Liberal Arts . Is the RELLIS campus for Engineering and Business?

Yes @AggieMomAgain, this is new for the Fall. I’m not sure who else got this email so I don’t know if all incoming Blinn TEAM students will be taking classes there or just ones in specific majors. I’ll have to reread the email.

I am hoping he will still also be able to take a couple classes on the TAMU campus. I don’t think that aspect changed.

@hopeaggiemom, my son will also be living on campus. I’m sure they will be able to get to the RELLIS campus on the shuttle bus. Maybe they have not updated the routes online yet.

Here is the letter my son received. It was dated April 5th.

Congratulations on your admission to Texas A&M University! As Blinn College prepares for your upcoming co-enrollment, we wanted to let you know that beginning this Fall, TEAM students will take their courses at the RELLIS Campus, a unique partnership between Blinn College and The Texas A&M University System.

Blinn will open its new 83,000-square-foot facility at the RELLIS Campus on August 23rd, and as a member of the Blinn TEAM Program, you will be one of the first students to take classes at this innovative new facility.

RELLIS is located adjacent to State Highway 47 and Highway 21, and you can view a virtual tour of the facility by clicking here.

Texas A&M University will have a direct bus route, Route 47, from TAMU to RELLIS for students. For more information on parking and transportation, please visit the TAMU Transportation Services website.

The campus will offer full services to students and will offer a variety of resources on site. Students also will have access to food options on the RELLIS campus.

For additional information regarding the TEAM Program or the RELLIS Campus, please use the links below:

Blinn College - RELLIS

FAQ for Blinn TEAM

We look forward to seeing you this Fall at Blinn College – RELLIS.