Blinn Team Anyone?

<p>Has anyone received an offer for Blinn Team yet?</p>

<p>My D’s application status now says accepted! It says BAC-TEAM. I assume that is Blinn team? No changes to tabs on Howdy and still step 3 though.</p>

<p>Do you mind if I ask your daughter’s stats? We are all going crazy and trying to compare when people get answers :wink: haha. It does sound like she got Blinn Team though! Congrats to your daughter! Keep us posted on here. I have been checking this site like crazy to see people reporting in. I guess it is good that we haven’t gotten a denial yet as I saw another poster say that they have given some of those out as well.</p>

<p>She is in the top 11% of her class with a 3.87 gpa. She is in GT and AP classes, varsity gymnastics, honor society and student council. Pleanty of service hours as well. However, her test scores are not that great (not a good test taker). She did not take the SAT and she made a 26 on her ACT.</p>

<p>momma2014, those are basically the same stats as mine! I find it strange though how we were so close but not even offered Gateway at least (if it is true that we got Blinn Team).</p>

<p>GigemGirl, I agree. I think it is interesting that they are offering Blinn Team already. I always heard that it was usually offered later in the process. At least we can start making plans and not wait another month. The wait was really getting to me!</p>

<p>Congratulations to your daughter momma2014! Where did you see the message that your daughter was accepted and bac-team? Was it on ais or howdy portal and where exactly was it on the page? Thanks for your help and really happy for you and your daughter!!</p>

<p>Congratulations to you and your daughter momma2014!</p>

<p>On the applicant tab in howdy, under check admission status. Also, in AIS her first choice of major and application type have been changed to Blinn Team.</p>

<p>Cromette, thank you. She’s a little disappointed, but I think it will all be good!</p>

<p>Thanks for your help momma2014! Checked and no change in status.</p>

<p>Based on a totally unscientific sample which may be way off base, I suspect that gateway is slanted towards minority recruitment. Or maybe just one heck of a coincidence!</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T989 using CC</p>

<p>I am currently a junior at Texas A&M and I started out on Blinn TEAM. I just wanted to comment to say- don’t be discouraged! I was upon receiving the offer for TEAM, but it was the best thing that happened to me and I wouldn’t have done as well at A&M if I hadn’t done the program. I transferred in earlier, too. </p>

<p>Also, I lived at the Tradition at Northgate and LOVED it. Perfect location, walking distance from TAMU and the bus system that takes to Blinn, and the drive to Blinn is SHORT! I would suggest looking at their website ([The</a> Tradition At Northgate In College Station, Texas Provides Off Campus Housing / Apartments For Texas A & M TAMU Students](<a href=“http://www.livethetradition.com%5DThe”>http://www.livethetradition.com)) and ask for Megan if you call or anything! I work there now and would love to help!</p>

<p>Momma2014, I’ll bet that when she gets there and get settled, she’ll be so excited! It’s going to be okay! I’m happy for her. She could possibly transfer in early too.</p>

<p>Do you know whats the earliest you can transfer in from Blinn Team?</p>

<p>Thank you all so much! That makes me feel much better. I will pass the positive words to my daughter. Her sister is also a junior at A&M, and she has been encouraging too! I have only heard good things about the program. Good luck to everyone still waiting!</p>

<p>Hopeful90, I spoke with an admissions advisor. She told me that you could transfer with as few as 24 hours. We were talking specifically about Animal Science, but that may apply across the board. Also, any credits earned from dual credit or community college prior to entering the program in the fall, will count towards the Blinn hours earned. I called the Prspective Stusent Center and they were very helpful answering all my questions.</p>

<p>*Prospective Student</p>

<p>Momma2014 thanks again!!</p>

<p>Finally at step 5 and can download the official letter! Yea! Still cannot sign up for NSC yet. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe it’s different for Blinn team…</p>