Blinn Team consideration button

My daughter had the message in her AIS this morning that she was being considered for Blinn TEAM. Of course we clicked yes! I wonder how many days it takes before the actual offer comes??
Her stats:
Applied September 3
Rank Q1
Gpa 3.89 private school in TX
SAT 1240
ECs include four years varsity softball, national honor Society, student council leader
Volunteer hours include two mission trips to Africa and 100 community service hours over the last few years

To anyone who has done the Blinn team: is it really that much cheaper than. Taking all your classes at A & M?

@libmike93 Congrats! You probably have the 6 tabs in Howdy today, right? Sorry, didn’t see your post til now.

I don’t know how much cheaper, but yes cheaper. You’ll pay by the credit hour for TAMU and I don’t believe you’ll have all the fees since not a full time student status (anything less than 9 credits I think). Blinn is CC so yes, definitely cheaper but not cheap.

Sign up for housing as soon as possible if she’s wanting to live on campus. She won’t get to select room/dorm til May though (but she’ll put down preferences which doesn’t limit you on what she can sign up for later, so don’t stress about that part if you don’t know). Shuttles run from main campus to Rellis campus and she’ll be among the best since all students at Rellis are either team or engineering academy students. Whoop!

There’s another thread going for Tamu class of 2023 as well as a parent question page for Aggies. In the search engine on this forum, type in Texas A&M University… you’ll see so many threads that will be helpful as you guys move through this process!!!

Thank you so much!

We are wondering some of the same things. Is the ‘you are being considered’ mean you are offered? Clicked YES immediately, have new tabs today, but still says ‘being considered’…can’t really do anything on the tabs…trying to be patient and not get our hopes too high/be disappointed… Tried calling Admissions yesterday, but they didn’t really answer our question.

I read on another forum that the portal will show the admit status in a few days. I’ll feel much more at ease then

I CAN’T AGREE MORE!!!

it’s changed to ‘official’ :slight_smile:

Us to! I feel like I’m bursting with pride to get that offer.

I posted this question on the admissions page but this might be a better place. Since Econ does not participate in the guaranteed change of major I am trying to wrap my mind around the transfer process from Team to majors that aren’t guaranteed. I just didn’t know if know if Team follows the change of major for students internal to tamu or if they follow a different/external process. I hope I’m making sense.

@papimama501
I tagged you on the other page. I didn’t see this post earlier