Blinn TEAM Questions!

Hi guys! I was just recently offered Blinn TEAM as an alternative pathway into A&M (whoop!) and I was wondering if any of you had any additional information about it. I know that I would be attending Blinn for the first two years and then transferring, but I was wondering if anyone had additional information or if anyone could answer a few of my questions.

1. Do I have to stay the full two years, or can I transfer earlier?
  2. How does IB Diploma Credit transfer over through Blinn?
  3. Can I still spend my free time on the A&M Campus, and can I have on-campus jobs (like working at the Write Advice)?
  4. Can I join sports teams as a Blinn TEAM student?
  5. How does Blinn TEAM differ from just going to Blinn and then transferring into A&M?
  6. Do I have guaranteed admission to A&M after the two years are up, as long as I maintain a certain GPA? Or is that not true?
  7. Is Blinn Team better than PSA? I heard that PSA transfers to TAMU after a year, but Blinn transfers after two years. If PSA gets into TAMU faster, why is Blinn considered "better"?
  8. Where is the best place to stay as a Blinn TEAM student? Are certain dorms better than others if I'll be going to Blinn? Also, at my school, Blinn is considered a last resort, while other people believe it's the next best thing to getting admitted directly into A&M. What are your thoughts?

If you can only answer one or two questions, that’s totally fine! I’m just a bit confused and I need a little guidance (sorry if some of my questions are stupid)!

Additional question!! I chose English as my intended major, and now my major is just “Blinn TEAM”. What does this mean for my studies?

Hi @bellakess , I was admitted to Blinn Team as well, after applying for BIMS. For your question 6. I found this: “Students who complete 45 Blinn credit hours and 15 Texas A&M credit hours within two years, with a 3.0 grade point average at each school, are automatically admitted to Texas A&M. TEAM students can apply for transfer admission sooner when they meet the eligibility requirements.”
I got it from this website: https://www.blinn.edu/news/2014/november/TEAM_program.html
But you should investigate what courses to study so you have a better chance to be admitted to a specific major, because usually it requires much more credits and stuff

Can someone also answer approximately how much is the tuition for Blinn Team vs TAMU?

@kseyeo - that question was answered in the thread titled “$$$ Money Question: Blinn TEAM Costs vs. Full Admission A&M costs.” You may want to look there.

1. You don't have to stay the full 2 years...depends on transfer hours from dual credit and such and how long it takes you to satisfy the requirements for your specific major you are trying to get. A lot only take a year.
  2. Don't know...
  3. You are considered an A&M student at this point. You can do pretty much anything a full time student can do. The only thing I can find is that you can't play an NCAA sport. You can play club sports though.
  4. Yes to club sports.
  5. Blinn Team differs because you are an A&M student. Your can Rush, will have an A&M student ID, can get a sports pass, have a meal pass to eat on campus, live in a campus dorm and anything else you would do as an A&M student. If you are straight Blinn you have no privileges on the A&M campus. You actually have nothing to do with A&M since you are a Blinn student.
  6. Yes. Look at the plan for your major. Make sure you follow it and satisfy all the requirements. I would talk to a counselor at both A&M and Blinn to make sure you are fullfilling all your obligations at both schools.
  7. Again, if you are PSA you are a student at the school you choose and not A&M. If you don't care about rushing, or sporting events and such as a freshman at A&M then PSA could be your route. But you will come in behind meeting others your age at A&M. Before making a decision, I would meet with an advisor at A&M and see if it will truly take 2 years. My older daughter has a ton of friends that it only took a year to transition and they already had community (groups of friends, and a place to "belong") at A&M and didn't have to transfer and leave the friends you made at your PSA school of choice.
  8. You will just have to see what housing is left and if it will work for you. I think I read somewhere that the #12 Bus route takes you from A&M to Blinn. So if you need the bus you may look to see what is close to this. My younger daughter, who just received Blinn Team as well, will be living with her older sister who is a sophomore at A&M. They have a condo about 3 miles from A&M and 6 miles the other way to Blinn. Will be about a 10 minute drive to Blinn.

The only stigma about Blinn is those in High School that have no idea how hard it is to get into A&M. My older daughter got straight in to A&M. She pledged a sorority and did the normal things. She has tons of friends and girls in her sorority that she is just now finding out were Blinn team and she never knew…and NO ONE at A&M cares. You are an A&M student. Period. She is in what is considered on of the top 3 sororities on campus and there are quite a few Blinn Teamers in her sorority. Don’t listen to people that say it matters. It doesn’t. My youngest got Blinn Team (she is more social than my older one), and is THRILLED! She needs the smaller classes. But she can still do all things A&M.

Hope this helps! And good luck!

1 Like

@PJSpoiled Wow! Thank you so much! I feel so much better now!