Blinn TEAM Questions

Hey everyone!

Recently I found out that I was offered TAMU Blinn program. I had some questions concerning the 2-4 years I would be spending at College Station if I were to go

1. How hard is it to transfer after the first two years as a full admission student? I understand that I need to take the required courses and maintain a certain GPA, but will entrance into Mays' Finance major be extremely competitive?
  2. If for some reason I can't get into my major, how hard is it to transfer to another school with the courses taken at Blinn and TAMU?
  3. What is the experience like at TAMU for a Blinn student? Do they have acess to all options and activities like a full admission student?

Thank you ahead of time to anyone who responds!

As a Blinn Team student, you have access to all that a full CStat admit does except you cannot participate in NCAA sport. So, you can attend all games, attend Silver Taps, Put a penny on Sully, Midnight Yell Practice, live and eat on campus, etc. Only thing you cannot do is play an NCAA Sport.
If you do the Admission Agreement through Blinn to A&M business, you are guaranteed admission to Mays if you satisfy the criteria. 2017 is not released yet so click on the one for 2016. In fact, explore the whole link, if you have not already. Lots of good info about Blinn Team. Conrats on your admissions.
http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/AdmissionAgreements.aspx

I was under the impression that it might’ve been similar to CAP, but I guess not. Thank you for the response.

@viscabarca12 CAP is to UT, what PSA is to A&M. PACE is to UT, what Blinn Team is to A&M. Here is a link I found what could be useful for Blinn Team in putting together a degree plan that is not one of the Admission Agreements. https://tap.tamu.edu/Main/eval.aspx

1 Like

@Thelma2 Okay, one more thing. Should I accept Blinn TEAM ASAP (because of limited space), or would it be fine to visit TAMU before finalizing my decision?

1 Like

You have until May 1 to accept Blinn Team so you have time to visit A&M. I would do the housing application ASAP though, so that if you do decide to accept your admissions to Blinn Team, you will have a chance at on campus housing. Do it today. Then, if you do decide to go elsewhere, you will need to log back into your AIS and officially decline your admissions. Most every school in TX has the May 1 deadline. There are directions on the housing contract how to get your housing deposit refunded after you decline admissions. The $50 housing application fee is not refundable though.

Blinn Team is a great option, so congratulation on your admissions decision. You will still need to sign up for a New Student Conference as well. Might do that too ASAP because available dates will start to become limited and you will have to select a date that Blinn Team is offered, so look into that. You can always cancel it.

In your visit, you might schedule an academic appointment. Bring the Blinn Team admissions agreement so you can have it on hand when you talk with someone. http://campusvisit.tamu.edu/

Good Luck