Blount Interview update

<p>My husband called with an update he went with my son today. So here’s what they said.
Everyone was nice. There were a couple hundred people there. My son thought there were more girls than guys there. He wore a dress shirt/pants and tie however some guys wore suit jackets. When pressed he thought he didn’t feel underdressed. They separated the parents and the kids. The kids were in groups of 8. Three professors interviewed them in a group. Each kid introduced themselves and then they had what my son called a “popcorn” interview.( different people responding back and forth…) meanwhile the program was explained in detail to the parents. Everyone saw the dorm rooms. Then they had got back together and had some cheese cubes. ( I assuming it was more than that… that was DS’s description.) Not all the kids will get invited to Blount. They will invite 200 with about 100 actually ending up in Blount. Son thought he did OK. DH not sure if its really a fit for DS. Since he wants engineering. However DS is glad he went.</p>

<p>On a side note my Husband ended up meeting and talking to someone who lives in Michigan in the same town my mom lives in! It’s a small world.:)</p>

<p>Thanks for the report, MichiganGeorgia. Any more details/impressions of the other students, professors, and what type of student would be a good fit for the program would be appreciated. There’s not a whole lot of detailed information in the brochures.</p>

<p>One thing my husband said they told them was that the ratio was something like 2 to 1. (Girls to guys) so they would be a benefit to the guys!:)</p>

<p>I once they get back I’ll see if my son has anything else to add.</p>

<p>Is Blount generally for the super intellectual types?</p>

<p>No I don’t think so. But you have be someone who likes to write and discuss the topics with other people. It’s a minor so there are classes you have to take. I don’t think you have to be an honors student to be in blount. However they did say that if you are in engineering it would be hard to do blount also. My husband said thought they said it had to do with being able to schedule the blount classes in with the engineering classes. Plus the work load.</p>