Blount Interview?

I’m signed up for an interview for the Blount Scholars Program for January 12th, and I was wondering if anyone has been through this process before. From the looks of the email, it’s going to be an information session and group interview, and I’m not sure what exactly to expect. I feel like it’s going to be an impromptu debate or discussion and I’m not entirely sure how to prepare for something like that. Has anyone done this interview program in the past?

@michigander1234 I’m not a frequent visitor to CC anymore, but I’ll give a little insight since no one else has answered yet. My DS went through the Blount interview process last year. I don’t think you really need to do a lot to prepare for the interview itself. The program last year was a social gathering at one of the buildings on campus (it was crowded, so get there early) where the director, faculty and some current students spoke briefly about the program. Then parents and students were separated, but DS said the interview was kind of a round-table discussion of an abstract question with a small group of other potential Blountees.

In the end, my DS decided the program wasn’t for him, but they are eager to grow the program and the interview is not rigorous. It seemed to be more of a way for the interviewers to see how you interact with the other students and express your thoughts.

@MotherOfDragons may be able to add some comments as well since her DD went through it last year and is currently in the Blount program.

Are there other “interviews” for applicants that don’t go to campus that weekend? If so, are they done via phone interview or Skype? My son isn’t going that weekend and has not been contacted.

@MotherOfDragons @michigander1234 @IABooks

@Windows16 I got an email about a month ago inviting me to the interview. It had a google form that had options to select an on-campus interview a different day or an interview over the phone

@michigander1234 - Thanks for the reply.