Blount thing and Capstone thing?

Okay, I apologize for not knowing the proper terminology. My son has been accepted to UA. We live in CT. He has also been invited/included in the Capstone program and invited to be in the Blount – LLC? I really don’t know the differences between these programs. I assume that the Honors College is also a separate program there? Can anyone explain and differentiate these in simple terms? So many things!! lol

@imstacey I don’t know anything about Capstone, but my son is in Blount Scholars. You are right, Blount is an LLC, which stands for living-learning community, and it has required coursework that results in a minor. Blount Scholars all live in Blount Hall as freshmen, and take 2 Blount classes each semester during the freshman year–a 3-credit seminar-style (discussion-based) class and a 1-credit large group convocation. The Blount seminar is reading- and writing-intensive–a weekly 500ish word essay, with periodic longer essays, based on the readings assigned for class discussion. There are additional classes in sophomore through senior year, but there is more flexibility.

The program has social activities like open mic nights and game nights, and they tailgate for the games. Students come from all sorts of majors. My son’s in his first year but he is enjoying it.

Here’s a link to the Blount Scholars information https://blount.as.ua.edu/
The link has good info on the program, its requirements, the application, etc.