Blue and Gold Opportunity help?

<p>Hey guys, I recently got admitted into UCLA and I was wondering about the Blue and Gold Program. My family makes ~55k a year (definitely under the 80k ceiling that they have set) and the ePAL says that I am eligible. Yet, through FAFSA, I’ve received $0 in Cal Grant money and only $269 dollars in the “Gift Aid (Scholarship Recognition Award)” on the ePAL. The Blue and Gold program says they would be paying all $11,124 of my system-wide fees (tuition). How come I’ve only seen $269 dollars of financial aid? where are the other $10,855? I’m sorry if this post makes me come off a little greedy, but paying for college is going to be tough. I have sent UCLA’s financial aid office an email and here’s what they sent me: </p>

<p>"Basically you the cost of education is $30467. Your family contribution is $21318 which leaves you with a financial need of $9149. We have awarded you up to the cost of ducation just incasae your parents do not have the money set aside to cover your educational costs. "</p>

<p>That was copied directly from the email. Spelling mistakes are all them.</p>

<p>that e-mail is VERY weird. u need to call the financial aid office and speak to a live person about your account.</p>

<p>that does not sound formal whatsoever… you definitely need to call, maybe even email them with a copy of the email you received inside.</p>

<p>Call CSAC about this. But since your parents income is within the threshold, and you did have your high school send out the GPA verification, the Blue+Gold should go through automatically. </p>

<p>Definitely call CSAC and coordinate with your UC as well. Everything will be fine :)</p>

<p>Blue and Gold is somewhat strange. We are finding out that they don’t actually apply the Blue and Gold amount until the late summer, as they are waiting to see what other grants and scholarships you might get, to help offset the tuition.</p>

<p>Let us know what you find out.</p>

<p>your family income is 55k and your EFC is 21k?</p>

<p>what the…</p>