Boiler gold rush

<p>Okay so students at Purdue can u fill me in about the boiler gold rush at Purdue. What sort of activities take place there and etc,etc.</p>

<p>Sent from my GT-I9100 using CC</p>

<p>Basically, you get let’s of free stuff, meet new people, get talked to about different things you’ll get to experience while at Purdue, and it’s just a good way to get used to campus and make friends before you need to get serious.</p>

<p>You move in early (Saturday or Sunday)… upperclassmen volunteers help you move-in during these days. For those who move in on Saturday, there is a large block party where you can meet a lot of people. Sunday is the second move in day and the evening is the official start of BGR. You’ll meet a group of people who live in your residence hall or off campus and be teamed up with them for the week. The teams are led by upperclassmen volunteers. There are opening ceremonies and you’ll listen to a few speakers with the main one usually being an inspirational speaker/comic. Monday and Tuesday activities include a pep rally, student organizations activities fair, local business fair, and more speakers talking about academics, campus safety, and other stuff (sounds boring, but they try to make it entertaining). In the evening, you’ll end up either at the recreation center or Union for early evening fun (sports, games, magicians, other entertainers). Then in the late evenings, you’ll go on midnight runs to Meijer and/or Target. Wednesday has more speaking and then closing ceremonies with another really good speaker (David Coleman for the past few years). You won’t be stuck with your team for everything, but you’ll be doing most of your stuff with those people and when the activities are less time structured you’ll probably want to be with your team since they’ll be some of the first people you meet if you don’t know anyone at Purdue yet. If you have any specific questions about that, just let me know!</p>