Book List?

<p>Is there a central place to find out which books are required for each course without going through the order process with the University Bookstore?</p>

<p>You can just look them up on the University Bookstore without actually ordering them. Copy down the ISBNs and put them into Amazon or whatever.</p>

<p>Thanks Chuy - I finally figured it out! What a difference - one text book, University Bookstore wants $118.00 new/ $80.00 used. Found it on Amazon in "nearly new" condition for $11.00!!</p>

<p>Just make sure they are the right edition! I have heard of books changing editions on a near annual basis.</p>

<p>are you supposed to have your books before you arrive or will we have a chance to buy them once we're there and we start class</p>

<p>They'll most often have them in stock in the bookstore, especially if you go early. HOWEVER, they're very expensive through VT, so you should try and find them online cheaper, which has to be done before you go to school (as in now) if you want to get them in time.</p>

<p>Thanks, mfh, for the heads up. I decided to order new - was able to find the same book for $35.00 - brand new, in the wrapper. about 1/3 the cost from VT.</p>