Books and School Supplies

<p>Hey all i was wondering when do u get ur books for classes, and when do u get school supplies, my plan was to go to the first day of classes with no books, and no supplies and just wait for the profs to tell me what i need and when i need it by. Thx</p>

<p>The University Bookstore has everything. Save your receipts and you get a rebate at the end of the year.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.uwbookstore.com/epages/ubs.storefront%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.uwbookstore.com/epages/ubs.storefront&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Rebate for what?</p>

<p>Money spent.</p>

<p>See here--I think they still do it</p>

<p>"BOOKS AND SUPPLIES
Course readings and textbooks can be purchased at the Underground Book Exchange (664 State St.) and the University Book Store. The University Bookstore has two locations (711 State Street and in the Health Science Learning Center (HSLC). Nursing texts are located at HSLC. Books are located by department and course number (i.e., Nursing 700). Beware! Some books are required while others are "recommended." You need purchase only those required.
Some courses will use "course packs" in addition to books. These are generally a bound set of research articles especially selected for your course. Usually these are prepared through Bob's Copy Shop located in Randall Tower across from Union South.
It is suggested that you buy your books before the semester begins. This will help you avoid delays if the store sells out of the books you need. Books may be refunded with full refund through the first two weeks of Fall and Spring semester and the first week of Summer session. After that they are considered "used books" and are bought back by the bookstores at an assessed value.
Rebates are offered on all items purchased, so keep your receipts! The University Book Store has a 5% rebate effective all year on all non-charged items</p>

<p>You can also check the University Bookstore website for required books and buy them elsewhere if the price is better. Definitely get your books ASAP, ie when you get to town- especially if you want to save money by buying used. They can run out of books and it could take a week or two for them to get more. Another factor- crowds. Those who wait will face standing in line with tons of people who waited or need a few more items... and once classes start you will get assigned reading from day one. </p>

<p>Consider hitting your local discount stores for pens, paper etc. before you get to Madison. In general most of your supplies will be the ones you prefer using, professors will not bother with telling you what to use. Required items should generally be listed, online or at the bookstore. Don't forget all those items you used from the household supplies.</p>