Books

<p>I need to buy books for my fall 2013 semester but am confused where to buy them from...ofcourse not Barnes and Nobels. Can somebody suggest any websites or book stores where I can buy the cheapest books in best condition.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Used on Amazon!</p>

<p>Besides, i was wondering about how do we get to know which books we need to buy. From howdy or from professors?</p>

<p>Go to the A&M-MSC Bookstore website and plug in your schedule. It will bring up the books you need. You are not obligated to buy/rent from them. [Your</a> Customized Textbook List<em>-</em>Texas A&M University*Bookstore](<a href=“Find Course Materials | Texas A&M University Official Bookstore”>Find Course Materials | Texas A&M University Official Bookstore)
In addition to Amazon, we have bought books from textbooks.com , abebooks.com, half.com . You can also rent books as well as getting an ebook. There are also a number of bookstores off campus you get get your textbooks from such as Textbook Solutions, Texas Aggieland Bookstore, Traditions, etc. The off campus bookstores have websites that you can do a book search for a class.</p>

<p>Go to the My Record tab on Howdy, select View My Schedule. At the bottom of page is option to Review/order books. You won’t have to enter schedule, it will already be filled in.</p>

<p>Actually, there’s been a lot of discussion about that here. A lot of students wait until their professor tells them which books are actually required.</p>

<p>There have been cases of a book being marked required, costing $150+ used, and then the student showing up and the book not being needed!</p>

<p>On the other hand, I’d hate to NEED the book, and then not be able to get it because I waited too long! </p>

<p>What we’re doing is getting all books we can through Amazon used books. This totalled about $138 for DD. Those we were not able to get on Amazon, which must be obtained through the school bookstore, we’re only getting the ones marked “required”. Then she can go to class and see if the professor strongly recommends anything else.</p>

<p>thanks everybody for suggestions. I think I will buy all required books before classes start i.e before they are sold out. If professor wants us to have different book then we can always resort to libraries, probably. Btw I saw there are 4 required books for HISt 105! Just wondering do we really require all of those??</p>

<p>Guys I am about to take MATH 251 this fall and on the website it lists all the books as ‘recommended’. If anyone out there have taken this course can you please tell me which book he/she used ??</p>

<p>Math 251 all I used was the same old calculus book we used for 151 and 152. What other book is it saying you need, is your professor going to be one of those who wants to teach you maple or have some additional matlab book or something?</p>

<p>It says ‘Calculus, Early Vectors’ and ‘Calculus , early vectors (loose, custom)’. Both are listed as ‘recommended’. The book list doesnt say anything about matlab so probably my professor wont be using it.</p>