Boston University Admissions Fall 2022 Regular Decision

As per their CDS, standardized test scores are “Considered” - which is a lower rank than “Important” and “Very Important”. In other words, not a determining factor.

GPA is “Very Important” - so your D is well positioned.

Yes, definitely! Hope it works out for her. Good luck.

1 Like

Based on past dates, best guess: March 26th.

Please remember to withdraw your applications if you no longer considering a college, as a courtesy to those left. It’s important they know their yield.

5 Likes

Please chance me for admission to BU
GPA: 3.6 (W), 3.42 (UW) no class rank, in fifth decile (top 40-50% of class)
4 APs, 2 passed AP exams (attempted just the 2)
1320 SAT (680 math, 640 english)
9 honors/accelerated courses
GPA in most recent semester (First semester senior yr)- 4.0 (W), 3.75 (UW)

Earned awards in Future Business Leaders of America, business seal of excellence (award only at my school), varsity letters

ECs: Volunteer fire department (150+ hours by time of application), summer camp counselor, member of future business leaders of america, member of political discourse club (was an officer in 9th grade), boys soccer team, boys lacrosse team, grounds crew member of golf course

Essays: considered strong by all readers, I wrote all optional essays for every application

First choice school- College of general studies

No cost constraints

BU Legacy (grandmother)

Please help me and let me know, I really appreciate any honest chancing. Thank you.

My daughter was differed with 3.7 unweighted. Test optional. 3 honors 1 AP. 1 ON. Captain of two varsity sports. Music art scholar. Part time job. Volunteer work. Of that gives you an idea.

Did she apply ED? Or Rd last year

ED 1 this year.

2 Likes

anyone get interviews?

I don’t believe they offer interviews–at least not for the College of Arts & Sciences

1 Like

When should we expect decisions to come out? D17 is nervous! Also, she has applied for the trustee scholarship… Does anyone know more about the process for that and when we should expect the results?

Decision release dates the last 3 years…
2021: 3/27,
2020: 3/21
2019: 3/23

So my best guess for this year is 3/26.

3 Likes

And, I think you meant D22 (daughter graduating high school this year - 2022)?

sorry, my bad!

thank you!

thank you for telling me this, do you mind saying what major/school she applied to?

Communications.

Do you know when they will send an update for Presidential or Trustee Scholarships?

Can somebody chance me or give opinions for reg decision
GPA UW: 4.0 GPA W: 4.32
SAT (superscored): 1420 [720 english, 700 math]
Out of state ( VA beach, Virginia)
6 APS up until Senior year, passed all exams (BIO, ENVI SCI, SPANISH, HUMAN GEO, EURO HISTORY, CALC BC)
Relevant classes taken this year: Multivariable (3) Calc, Dual Enrollment College Comp, AP Gov, 3 Acadmeny science classes. ALL A’s so far this year
ECs: 4 year varisty soccer player/ capt., regular volunteer at autism therapy center, 4 school clubs (no leadership), NHS, piano, 2 jobs…
Good essays
I am applying to Biological sciences. Let me know what yall think!!

1 Like

Your SAT is at the mid-range for BU. GPA looks competitive too.
What are your AP scores? Which ones did you report?
Good ECs too
Do you have any other hooks? (URM, first-gen, etc?)

Overall, based on what you’ve posted I think you are competitive and have a good chance.

1 Like

Would you happen to know if there is a disadvantage to converting from BS/MD to RD? My son applied for the Accelerated medical peogram but when we didnt receive an interview call he called and converted to RD. STATS
UW 3.96, W 4.71 ACT 35 1 attempt
7 APs until Junior year 4 and 5, 1 3 not reported
Over 100 hrs volunteering at hospital, soccer coach volunteer for differently abled kids over 35hrs. NHS, club soccer since age of 3 with odp and elite groups, Varsity Soccer 4 years, Science Fair district and State awards, research summer camps. President of club he established at school for genetic studies
Asian male
Hes been deferred from 2 schools and waitlisted at 1. Not sure what his chances at BU for biological sciences are

1 Like