Boston University Admissions Fall 2022 Regular Decision

D waitlisted. 4.0 GPA UW, 1550 SAT, NMF, strong ECs, Northeast.

1 Like

D waitlisted, strong EC, LOR and essays, SAT 1500, GPA 4.0 UW

1 Like

Congratulations to those admitted, and have a wonderful time at BU if you plan to attend! It is in a fabulous part of the City, so much fun! To those waitlisted/rejected/not accepted into your program (like my daughter who was admitted to CGS), good luck wherever you plant yourself, because you will surely grow!

2 Likes

Ds accepted CGS, 3.9x W GPA, Strong ECs,strong LOR, Research papers,ACT 35

BU has a large number of transfers annually. They depend on this to keep their stats. So, they want kids who were rejected to reapply.
Many people in the past have used BU as a safety/match if they really intend to go to a high level school but want options esp if they are full pay. I bet BU wants to change this and improve their rankings.
BU is notoriously stingy so they get a different candidate set than some other schools who have more FA. There are a lot of international students. And there are a lot of full pay students.
Maybe BU is finally breaking through into the higher rankings?

1 Like

Thoughts on CGS? Who is going and what will you do in the fall?

Our D’s top choice was BU. She was accepted to CGS. We had never heard of it until the offer. We aren’t thrilled with a Jan start but D is okay with it and is thrilled with a summer in London. Waiting on a few decisions this week but D is leaning toward accepting offer.

4 Likes

There is an accepted students day next weekend for CGS. I’m concerned about the social aspect coming in in January. Does anyone know if they get housing as a group?

Doubtful if they have a dorm reserved for 600 students. Most likely they will be placed in any available housing.

I went to BU back in the late 80’s and even then tons of kids moved into the dorm in January. Kids dropped out, changed their housing, etc - I made more friends second semester than first. I wouldn’t be too concerned :slight_smile:

I think the CGS program looks interesting, and the “gap semester” might be a good thing for DD. But lack of merit aid means that I won’t be pushing her in that direction :slight_smile:

I applied directly to CGS, I think it’s a really cool program. Considering covid and delayed exams I would love to start later. Of course there will be some social problems arriving late. But then again your coming late with 600 people, So you’re bound to make friends

2 Likes

The guaranteed transfer option is only for students who were denied admission to the freshman class.

1 Like

Is there a social media account for CGS admitted students so they can connect? We are unsure of the Jan start date so would love to hear what other students plan to do. Would be great if students could connect and build relationships leading up to January.

2 Likes

Got it, thanks much for confirming!

1 Like

My Ds both were/are IBD. My S will have about 10-11 APs. It’s the only advanced option at most schools after Freshman year. We don’t care about the college credit and S only is taking about half the exams-- the ones he feels the teacher has prepared them well enough to get at least a 4. Half his AP teachers don’t even get through the material. Private colleges don’t offer much if any credit anyway for AP or IB anyway.

My original BU campus questions pst of Feb was locked, I was just going to add on to that post that D was accepted to BU RD. And luckily she did not do ED there-after touring the campus again yesterday she ruled it out. She is committing to Bentley, which is a much better fit, and better for our pocketbook. Full pay at BU vs. scholarship at Bentley. My husband is an '86 BU EENG grad, and feels she made a great choice. He was the first student in the history of CBS (CGS) to successfully make the transfer from CBS to Engineering, and graduated in the top of his Engineering class. BU is a really amazing school for the right kid.

5 Likes

Yep me too! :slight_smile:

I was admitted to CGS too. I am a little confused about what to do during the fall as well. I wanted to hear what previous students in the CGS have done.

Does anybody know about the appeal process for BU? I am not just appealing because I wish I got in, I genuinely think there is information they did not receive (long story) that could have effected the outcome. Please let me know if you guys have any information because it’s hard to find online!

1 Like