Boston University Admissions Fall 2022 Regular Decision

Guaranteed Transfer for sophomore year — for those who have received this option, how are you thinking about it? Especially those for whom BU might have been your top choice. Are you choosing another school with the intention of going there for 4 years - keeping transfer option in the back of your mind in case you don’t like where you start? Planning to transfer and choosing another school planning to go there for one year? If you plan to go somewhere for just one year - what are you factoring in? Cost? Location? Is it a school you would stay in if the transfer didn’t come to pass? Thanks! ( My son was admitted to his top choice Target school but likely would have gone to BU - reach - if he had been admitted for 1st year. Not sure how to think about guaranteed transfer… )

Hey! I accepted my guaranteed transfer option. What my plan is that I will be attending UMASS Boston for a year to do general ed then going to BU. UMASS Boston is in Boston which is the area I want to be in, and the gave me a $10K merit, which makes it cheaper for the year. I guess financially it is a bit easier since I will be paying $70K for the other three years at BU. I am FOR SURE transferring since UMASS doesnt have my major, it’s just a great starting place and it is cheaper.

5 Likes

This sounds great, Congratulations!!! My daughter is waitlisted at the moment but wasn’t offered this option.

Only denied students were offered the guaranteed transfer option. If your daughter is not accepted off the waitlist, she may be offered it when they close the waitlist.

I see. That’s good to know!

I thought only the top 5% students on the waitlist will get this opportunity.

I’m sure they won’t give this offer to everyone they are rejecting off the waitlist, hope its more than 5% though!

That’s why i said “may get”.

For CGS, do I have to go to London or can I stay in Boston and study? Also do you think I can transfer to Questrom or CAS for statistics or math after 2nd yr

Here’s Who BU Invited to Join the Class of 2026 | BU Today | Boston University

Now to see if they accurately estimated the yield rate.

1 Like

Yes, there is a Boston option in the summer. And yes, you can transfer if you maintain a 2.0 GPA. You need to read the CGS website.

1 Like

is it for the admitted student?

Yes.

Apologies for not being clear earlier. Were you waitlisted from the RD round and just got accepted for the summer program? My daughter is waitlisted and is waiting for a decision. Thank you!

No, I am alumnus who follows BU admissions.

I was wondering if merit-based scholarships are just given to students with high academic profiles and good activities without registering for any options in the Commonapp?

Second question is did you have to apply for an honors college at BU without any registering stuff? Are you just naturally chosen and noticed through the decision letter?

Any WL updates?

1 Like

Our S got accepted into CGS at BU. Didn’t come back to this thread after decision day. He is considering a community college course and some part-time job options. He is thinking of attending one of the Orientation sessions in June.

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their acceptance! My son submitted the deposit today and is enrolled. He is joining the Facebook for Transfers tonight. From there ge plans to set up a group chat or something for those who are interested. He’s also registering for an open house in mid May and the Orientation in late June. Once you are accepted, go join the Facebook.

has anyone gotten any news about the waitlist?

2 Likes