Boston University Admissions Fall 2022 Regular Decision

I just noticed that the Common Data Set for 2021-22 was available on BU’s website.

1 Like

That waitlist acceptance number was beyond scary! :grinning:

BU was overenrolled by 800 students in Fall 2021 so there were few if any acceptances off the waitlist.

Ohhhh! Thanks for the info. Yeah, I saw that 1 person was accepted off the waitlist in Fall 2021.

Did everyone get the email they just sent regarding the WL update?

What does it say?

It says the WL is closed now.

That could be a sign that they are overenrolled again.

1 Like

My daughter is also CGS. She applied ED and was deferred. She was accepted in regular decision pool. BU is her first choice and she is excited!! She is going to winter orientation (I think) :slight_smile:

deleted

It appears that BU will be overenrolled again this Fall despite a 14% acceptance rate. This would explain the closing of the waitlist although that is not explicitly stated.

" We are on target to enroll a class larger than our expected number of 3,100 because the yield on our offers of admission has increased again. "

Letter to Boston University Faculty and Staff, Spring 2022 | Office of the President (bu.edu)

Wow. My daughter has just withdrawn from BU as she was admitted off the waitlist to UCSB and has decided to go there. We talked about how her moving to UCSB means an opening from the waitlist at BU behind her. So much for that…