Boston University Admissions Fall 2022 Regular Decision

I was wondering that, I applied to them so

This should right!

Would anyone give me their opinion about my chances of getting into BU?

Iā€™ve got a 3.92 GPA W, a 3.5 UW, and Iā€™m in the 3rd decile of my class. During my freshman and sophomore years, I had mediocre grades, but once I started my junior year, my lowest GPA in a semester has been a 4.24. I just got a 4.52 this past semester.

I went test optional because my SAT score wasnā€™t great and I didnā€™t want to pay for another test.

Iā€™ve taken 2 APs (both during my junior year), and in total have taken 11 honors classes.

Iā€™m heavily involved in my schoolā€™s performing arts programs. I am in theater, with a board member position, I am a member of my schoolā€™s a cappella choir, and my schoolā€™s chorus.

I am also on my schoolā€™s yearbook staff, which was a highly selective process (we were also the first yearbook to be sent off to our publisher in all of New England), and I have an internship through Rockland Trust, which allows me to work as a student teller at the branch in my school.

As far as honors go, I am apart of the National Business Honor Society, and the Rho Kappa Honor Society (history), where I am a co-vice president. I am also a recipient of the Frederick Douglass and Susan B Anthony award, which is given out by the University of Rochester. I was awarded this during my junior year.

Thank you!!!

Did everyone get that ā€œmonitoring the myBU portalā€ email?

11 Likes

When was it sent? Can you elaborate a bit on what the email said?

sent about 9:30 am

(Insert name here) ā€¦important for you to monitor the MyBU portal to confirm that your application is complete ā€¦verify your mailing address and all other personal data

Admission decisions will be posted on MyBU on March 26, 2022. You will receive an email when your decision is available.

And always remember to check your junk/spam if you dont see an email.

6 Likes

Thank you. Best of luck with your decision.

1 Like

My kid got itā€¦but surely everyone who completed an application did?

Thatā€™s right

It doesnā€™t mean anything more than it says.

How much does legacy have an effect on admissions?

1 Like

A TON!

I hope! LOL!!!

-class of '89

3 Likes

I applied but put BU as my number 1 NMF choice one day past the deadlineā€¦ hopefully I can still be considered

momsday820 - I am class of '89 too, and hoping legacy gives a boost!

3 Likes

Hopefully we can get result on 3/26.

3/26 is a confirmed date (they sent an email on 3/2).

A friend of S22 got in NEU EA, UMich EA, still waiting for BC RD and BU RD, not sure which school he will attendā€¦

Oh, Just saw it.

Hope everyone gets their dream school.

9 Likes

Any word on Boston Trustee scholarship?

will they release on the 26th or could it be sooner