Boston University Admissions Fall 2022 Regular Decision

They’ve confirmed March 26th

6 Likes

A Saturday? Okay. Good luck to all.

1 Like

I would place money on Thursday, the 24th. That was Early Decision.

1 Like

To clarify: this isn’t a matter of speculation. BU sent an email on March 2nd to applicants confirming the March 26th release date.

6 Likes

My daughter was deferred from ED 1. We are so nervous. Anyone know stats on acceptances after that? In a way, I wish they had just rejected her. The wait is brutal.

1 Like

My daughter’s portal has changed. On the home page, it no longer says the release date. Just says that they are processing a lot of material. Anyone else see this

5 Likes

I see the same. The portal went down before ED decisions were released.

1 Like

does anybody know the acceptance rate for applicants that were deferred early decision?

Admitted to BU this year through ed 2. I had 3.7+ unweighted (9-11), not sure about weighted. 1530 or 1540 on sat. 12 ap classes. Published an artificial intelligent project, leadership position in my team. Took some classes about computer science in the summer. However, I got rejected from college of arts and science, but got admitted through college of general studies.

1 Like

What is the college of general studies?

https://www.bu.edu/cgs/

My DD is very interested in this option, as she’s undecided, about everything in general.

My son said he was not interested on his application because it has a January start. I wonder if they would offer it anyway. He really loves BU and the January start was the only hesitation.

They might let him start this fall online.

If he really likes BU it’s an option.

1 Like

Yes. I am just wondering if they would consider him for General Studies even though he indicated on his application that he was not interested. I don’t think he would want to start online.

If admitted to CGS a student cannot take courses for credit in the Fall at BU or elsewhere.

I read that you can but they have to be approved to make sure they are transferable. Where did you see that?

I really like the Jan start at CGS. So I applied directly to it

1 Like

Does anyone know what time decisions usually come out?

26th, they sent an email saying so

yes but do you know what time of day generally? (morning, afternoon, evening…?)