Boston University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

I was also deferred, they are also suggesting me to send my mid-year grades lol

2 Likes

i got deferred. to anyone else going through the same thing, you’re not alone.

4 Likes

My daughter was deferred too. Hang in there everyone!

4 Likes

My daughter got deferred as well. Ugh! Now moving on to Emory for ED2… this process may kill me (I have twins both applying everywhere) :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Everyone needs to send them if they were deferred. Good luck!

Everyone has to send mid-year grades if they were deferred. ED1 has a higher chance of acceptance, then ED2, then regular. Good luck!

1 Like

HSSR here deferred too, wishing everyone luck!

1 Like

I can’t imagine doing this for two kids! Ugh. Best of luck surviving this process!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My daughter got in ED to Arts and Sciences. Good luck to everyone.

6 Likes

May I ask for your stat ? And if you submitted SAT. My daughter got all As but did not submit any SAT scores. She is deferred too. We wonder if we should have submitted SAT score

2 Likes

My daughter has all As, one B in 9th grade. No scores. Deferred.

1 Like

Awesome :clap:t2: Congratulations!:confetti_ball::balloon::champagne::tada:

1 Like

It ain’t easy :scream::joy:

2 Likes

She had all As for 3 1/2 years (so far) and submitted 1450 on SAT. Lots of AP classes at a magnet high school in NJ. She will major in computer science and had lots of activities that demonstrated interest in that field along with other leadership roles. Hope that helps. Good luck to your daughter.

2 Likes

DD deferred also. Good luck everyone and congrats to those who got accepted.

1 Like

But why would she move to a more difficult school in the more difficult round?

DS deferred. I wish they would release stats about how many people get deferred and acceptance rate of deferred candidates in the regular round.

8 Likes

My daughter ended up choosing Brandeis for ED2.

4 Likes

Did you visit Brandeis? We really liked it BEFORE we visited, and now DS doesn’t want to apply at all! It was lackluster, as was the tour. We expected more. Some on the tour also felt this way (we chatted in the back lol).

1 Like

What do you mean by lackluster? I went to BU a million years ago and saw it then. It seemed fine.

1 Like