Boston University Transfer Fall 2023

Saw the last transfer thread got deleted or something so figured I’d start a new one now!

4 Likes

I have a question regarding gpa calculations. I took a few summer courses at my CC this past summer, will the GPA from that “institution” also be factored into my overall gpa consideration or will it be seen as P/F in BU’s eyes?

1 Like

Hey , I submitted my application around 2 weeks ago and still haven’t gotten any email regarding my portal. Is this normal? Is this the same for everyone else?

Hey, maybe we have to wait til after the application deadline passes? Not really sure

Hi, I’m a prospective transfer student from Syracuse University (current sophomore, will be a junior fall 2023). I wanna know how likely it is for me to get in.

In-state
No financial aid needed
GPA: 3.3/4 (I took hard classes including ochem which killed it, Im a biotech major)
Good extracurriculars and campus involvement
Tutored freshman in general biology last semester
Currently work a part time job at home and have worked a lot in the past
Personal + academic recommendation

Hi, does anyone know if you can still submit letter of recommendations after the application deadline? Are you still able to submit it through the portal instead of the common app?

I remember for the first year cycle you could add your teachers info into the common app and they could submit after the deadline had passed. idk if it works the same for the transfer cycle

has anyone else not gotten their application portal yet?

I haven’t either I think we’ll get it tmr

you can’t I think!

i have!

I still haven’t. Should I email BU Admissions and ask, or is this common? I’m not sure if anyone else hasn’t gotten their portal yet.

I still haven’t either. When did you submit your app, I did mine on the last possible day so maybe that’s why.

March 7, but when I applied previously as a first-year applicant, I got my portal the same day I submitted it, which was also earlier than the deadline.

Exactly the same for me last year when i applied

haha I’m also transfering from SU

1 Like

Yea I didn’t end up getting it either so I called admissions and they ended up submitting a ticket for me thru BU IT so now we wait again lmao

Yea I still haven’t got mine either

I just got an email back from admissions; if you have applied to BU before, it’s the same application portal information.

anyone know how to submit Proof of Graduation? I see that it is a part of the applicant checklist.