Bought my D a UA Pillow Pet today!

<p>It is very cute and very soft. I’m not going to give it to her until the day we get back from our visit (or maybe on our visit). I got it for $19.99 from Walmart. I had given her the Russell Stover UA chocolates for Christmas and those were a hit. What other UA items have you bought your student?</p>

<p>Linnylu, did you find the pillow pet at a Walmart store, or order from Walmart online?</p>

<p>I ordered the UA mat from FanMats using the Groupon that came out yesterday. I’m not sure what it’s going to be like, but I’m sure D will use it regardless. I’ve been looking online for UA items to give D for graduation, and there are so many, it’s hard to choose. I’d love to hear what others have gotten that were a hit with the students.</p>

<p>We just got a UA pillow pet yesterday! I ordered it from Amazon. You got a better deal! Beware, though, that my D pulled off the tag rather than using scissors, and it ripped. I need to sew it closed today. </p>

<p>D sprained her ankle yesterday during softball, but it made her quite happy to snuggle up with her UA pillow pet while elevating her foot last night!</p>

<p>OK, you guys are enablers. I just ordered the Bama pillow pet to go with the Bama mat I ordered yesterday. I’m almost afraid that more people will post with cool Bama stuff they’ve found, and then my D’s dorm room will look like she’s a hoarder with all the Bama stuff!!!</p>

<p>Lattelady, I hope her ankle is much better today!</p>

<p>I ordered the pillow pet online and had it shipped for free to the store. </p>

<p>Lattelady, I’m glad you had a Bama pillow pet on hand to make your D’s ankle feel better. I hope it heels quickly:)</p>

<p>I also like the Bama Tervis tumbler with the lid (Bed, Bath, & Beyond). I think it would be useful for dorm life. Weird question- but do kids drink the water there or buy bottled? My older D’s school is in a very rural area and kids buy bottled water to drink there.</p>

<p>Now I want a Davis pillow pet, but first it would be nice to be accepted (9-10 more days for decissions)</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-D700 using CC</p>

<p>Linnylu: my D has a Brita pitcher in her refrigerator that she refills her Camelbak from.</p>

<p>We are lucky enough to live close to the Logo Warehouse and every November when they have their holiday sale, I buy UA stuff. So far my D has gotten an assortment of blankets, a chair, tote bags and koozies. Plus the pillow pal, a handpainted UA ornament that hangs from a stand and says “I Love Gamedays at Alabama.”</p>

<p>RobD - what is logo warehouse? that sounds dangerous for an impuse buyer like me!</p>

<p>My D brought her 'bama pillow pet with us to Capstone Scholars weekend in January. She even got a 'Roll Tide from the TSA guy behind the camera! It was pretty funny.</p>

<p>Where can you get the Tervis cups at w/ UA logos? Do you have to get them online or can they be found in the bookstore?</p>

<p>Our local Bed Bath & Beyond has the tervis tumblers, but I just saw you can get different ones on Amazon- even ones that say Roll Tide. These tumblers are expensive, but they really last and keep cold drinks cold without sweating. These make a great grad gift too.</p>

<p>buzymom: it can be dangerous :slight_smile: They always have their warehouse sale for the public towards Thanksgiving: [Logo</a> Chair Inc - Officially Licensed Product - Get Your Gear](<a href=“http://www.logochairs.com/]Logo”>http://www.logochairs.com/)</p>

<p>Hancock Fabrics has a team fan shop. I had to buy some fabric for a quilt that our church makes each year for our graduating seniors and while I was at it I bought some fleece Alabama fabric for a blanket and some houndstooth fabric to have some throw pillows made <a href=“http://www.hancockfabrics.com%5B/url%5D”>www.hancockfabrics.com</a></p>

<p>Just bought the pillow pet and the mat! This could become addicting!</p>

<p>Karen</p>

<p>I was in Hobby Lobby today, and they had houndstooth fabric, houndstooth ribbon, houndstooth felt and houndstooth 12x12 scrapbook paper, all but the felt on sale. I now have a houndstooth stash - just have to decide what I’m going to do with it!</p>

<p>My mom loves to sew. So when my son decided on Alabama, I bought fabric for her to make two vests so I could wear them on my job. She had enough to make throw pillows first for my son’s bed and later for his sofa when he lived in Lakeside West. She has finished off a fleece panel that he’s used as a throw. </p>

<p>If you are looking for Alabama items, check out [Alabama</a> Apparel - Shop Alabama Crimson Tide Gear, University of Alabama Merchandise, Store, Bookstore, Clothing, Gifts, UA](<a href=“Access Denied”>Access Denied)</p>

<p>A favorite site that we’ve used many, many times.</p>

<p>Beth’s mom, did you see any houndstooth duct tape?! I picked up some at Michael’s. Not sure what she’ll do with it:)</p>

<p>I picked up some houndstooth felt and ribbon, too. At D’s school, they have ‘uniform desecration day’ on the last day of school. The seniors decorate their uniforms with their college choice. And by decorate I mean that the girls’ uniforms are practically resewn :slight_smile: Anyway, we plan on using the felt on the inside of her skirt pleats.</p>

<p>some items my daughter has enjoyed using/having on campus:</p>

<p>Woven metallic elephant (bronzish color and stands about 18" tall) from Pier I
Houndstooth throw pillows (available in crimson) from Sears/Lands End
Houndstooth shower curtain from Sears
Roll Tide University of Alabama license plate issued by our state
Bama Girl tag for front of car
Bama running shorts by Nike
Crimson chenille throw from Sears/Lands End
Elephant fabric for making wall art from Dorm Suite Dorm (nice place to get ideas, purchase items, or have items made for dorm room)
Kavu crossbody purse (it is waterproof and meets the size requirements for taking to football games)
a good pair of rain boots, a ventilated rain jacket like North Face or Padagonia with pit zips, and a good sturdy backpack such as Mountain Hardware, North Face, or Padagonia
a good pair of Chacos (strappy sandal type shoes that are waterproof and comfy)
nice set of crimson/paisley printed thank you cards (needs these frequently)</p>

<p>And of course she loves her Big Al pillow pet from Walmart</p>

<p>Great list, Bamagirls!</p>

<p>Some of the houndstooth fabric I got today is going to be used for wall art; elephant fabric would be great for that, too. What size do you think works well for the dorm rooms? I’ve got to buy stretcher bars on my next trip.</p>

<p>Lattelady, I didn’t see houndstooth duck tape at HL (although I wasn’t looking for it); I’ll have to keep an eye out on my next trip to Michaels.</p>

<p>For the living area we chose a group of three canvases (I think they were about 10" wide and maybe 24" tall, but you can choose whatever you think looks best depending on how you plan to group them) We placed the fabric over the top of the canvas according to where the print looked best, then we pulled the fabric very tightly and stapled (using a heavy duty staple gun) it to the frame around the back, folded the corners and repeated it for each side/end. I’ll send you a pic. It was really simple and we used two coordinating fabrics (the houndstooth would be perfect to coordinate with something like elephants). If you shop at Hobby Lobby or one of the other craft stores it is a really inexpensive project if you use their online coupons or buy double packs.</p>

<p>Thanks Bamagirls! I’m looking forward to a good craft project.</p>

<p>Another thing - you mentioned size requirements for a purse to get it into the football games. Do you know what the size limit/other restrictions are?</p>

<p>For any of you who haven’t visited yet, Walart and Sams Club carry lots of Bama merchandise like folding chairs, game day gear, etc. Some is better quality than others. We picked up our pillow pet there and some cute pajama shorts. Target also has some. For those of you struggling to bring things from out of town, Target has TONS of most of the things your student will need and ready to go when you arrive for Alabama Action. (Ironing boards, storage boxes, mini fridges, lamps, etc.) Tension rods go quickly though if you want those.</p>