Bowdoin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Well let’s see when decisions are out. If people can post whether they had the withdraw button. It doesn’t make anybody stress out, just expect a realistic decision.

Just to confuse things, my son had a withdrawal button this morning and now it is gone. Perhaps, it disappears as they update portals in batches or individually.

1 Like

Yes, they withdrew it this afternoon for all admitted students.

Same thing happened to my son - no button as of about an hour ago

hmm weird, i think they prob caught on to all of us and our theory so i think they might done it to everyone? im a very pessimitic applicant lol, my button is gone but it happened recently so who knows

1 Like

mine is gone as well, it was there a couple of hours ago

I had it when I checked your message and now it’s gone, I don’t think it means anything. Maybe it’s just as they upload the decision to the portal

Would be interesting if this was real and they really were silently monitoring these forums and rushed to have someone change it to throw off the scent.

3 Likes

LMAOO that makes me giggle but its not out of the question…

bowdoin admissions if you’re watching, let me innn

2 Likes

Theory officially disproven.

1 Like

rejected

1 Like

eventually my S23 will get home from track and look at the FOUR decisions waiting for him. How can he not look? This is agonizing.

Sorry, do you mean you were rejected? Waiting for my daughter to come home to access the portal.

rejected

Sorry. Sadly, I know the feeling. Onwards!!! Best of luck.

that doesn’t mean that Midd accepts 200 kids though. They accept more in RD to get to 200 because not all of those kids enroll. Still, RD is a tough go at Midd and Bowdoin.

4 Likes

I mean my son was accepted but still had the withdraw link in his profile until it disappeared for everyone later this afternoon. So the original theory that it was only missing this morning for accepted students was not correct.

3 Likes

Congrats to your son !

2 Likes

rough day for S23. Rejected from Amherst and Williams. Waitlist from Colby and Bowdoin. He is accepting the spot on the Bowdoin waitlist. He visited and had a great on campus interview. Guess he’s not unusual/pointy/weird/marginalized enough. Doesn’t help to be from Bay Area CA either. (This after Notre Dame rejection yesterday.)

4.0/4.5+
12 APs
35 ACT
decent ECs
essays were pretty good IMO