Bowdoin College Class of 2024

Hi Everyone! I recently added Bowdoin to my list of Colleges I’m applying too. Who else is applying?

I am! I’m also applying test optional (got a 1130 on my first SAT - big yikes! - but then got a 1370 on the August one). Bowdoin is my 2nd choice out of my 20 colleges that I’m applying to but its such a far reach! I heard that the acceptance rate for class of 2022 and 2023 was around 8%. I’m planning to work on the supplemental essay very soon.

Good luck to both of us!

Applying RD!

My daughter is applying RD. Right now it’s probably in her top 3 schools - all extreme reaches due to the acceptance rates.

applied RD :slight_smile:

I just sent off my ED app!

Hey guys! Are we going to hear back December 13th? It’s been that Friday for the past 2-3 years. This is for ED1.

RD…any idea on expected decision date ?

I’m estimating 16 March based on previous years @FLParent888

Any updates to the decision date?

I don’t believe you’ll get some official update until a few days before they release. Last year, I think Bowdoin sent an email to the kids saying when they would release decisions but I think it was sent on a Wed or Thursday and the answers came Sat morning. Hang in there.

Anyone think they’ll be releasing this weekend?

They contacted current students this morning. It’s online class off campus for the rest of the semester. All tours cancelled. :frowning:

Bates is supposedly releasing this Saturday. I guess we’ll find out then.

Where did you hear that from?

I thought it will be released next week, but I hope it will be released this week!

@conscious02 on Bate’s RD 2024 CC thread.

Just got an email. Decisions will be released on Friday at 7 PM.

ahhhhh bowdoin you’re my dream school please accept meee

good luck everyone!