Box my dorm...anyone using this year?

<p><a href=“https://www.boxmydorm.com/[/url]”>https://www.boxmydorm.com/</a></p>

<p>BoxMyDorm is the most innovative college storage and shipping company servicing students at colleges and universities around the world. Our student storage and shipping services are crafted to meet the daily needs of any college student looking for reliable, cheap, and awesome storage or shipping solutions. We offer summer storage as well as study abroad storage and shipping services - domestically and abroad. We service all students both on-campus or off-campus. If you are looking for the easiest way to solve your school storage or shipping problems look no further than BoxMyDorm.</p>

<p>I don’t know if this is the same company, but… we got a flyer from a company that does this service. DS called, and it was going to cost $400-$600 to pack, move, store, and return his very meager amount of stuff which amounts to about 6 Rubbermaid bins. Insane.</p>

<p>It could be a good idea, but I personally do not like the idea of anyone packing my items.</p>

<p>I looked at website, I don’t think “they” pack.</p>

<p>sounds kinda pricey!!</p>

<p>That was our assessment, too. It sounds great and is a great idea except for the price. Not competitive!</p>

<p>What a great idea, though.</p>

<p>I think a lot of our kids already have that service, called ‘parents’ :)</p>

<p>Yes, parents often help with the packing and storing, but there are kids whose parents find it cheaper to pay this cost rather than fly out, rent a car, stay in a hotel, etc. </p>

<p>I can think of one Calif mom whose son is at Bama that would find this cheaper and easier than if she were to go out and do this.</p>

<p>Absolutely! </p>

<p>And, in reality, mine has had to pack and move himself…but he is practical in what he has chosen to acquire and other parents have been great about offering to back up. Fortunately, he hasn’t had to impose, to date! Usually a room mate helps transport it to storage and a nice group has gotten together to get a storage unit. </p>

<p>Just thought it an amusing thought :P</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Oh definitely!</p>

<p>I was just saying that for those who don’t have kids who can manage these things (one of mine would do an awful job…lol), this could be a cheaper option in the long run.</p>