Bradley Engineering?

<p>Hey guys, I jut wanted to know if you guys knew anything about the engineering school at Bradley University in IL? I just got in and I am excited, but everytime I tell someone about the school, they say they never heard of it (I am from Boston). But anyways, if you know anything about the school whether its about the workload,career center or etc, please tell me!!!!</p>

<p>congratulations on your admission to Bradley! The Engineering school is one of the most highly regarded in the mid west and an outstanding program. If you have nit visited campus, it is a pleasant surprise. Very nice nd much larger than I thought it would be. I visitied Bradley this fall when I was looking over schools, ( I live in the chicago area so this was a day trip for me) and during the orientation program, there was a show of hands for various programs that the students were there to look over and by far, Engineering was the highest turnout. Look it up in U.S News and World report for engineering schools in mid west. It is highly ranked.</p>

<p>Congrats! My mom went to Bradley and so did most of that side of our family. A cousin majored in engineering, maybe electrical????? Anyhow, he has had interesting jobs since then, including working at Pan-Tex out near Amarillo at the nuclear facility building bombs. He joked that his name tag had a sensor in it that, if he died, would tell people how much radiation killed him!! Then he worked for a French glass company in Ohio. Now he has a great job at Caterpillar in Illinois. In fact, he said that Obama visited his plant during the Illinois tour in Feb. but he didn't meet him. Bradley is a good size, with a super engineering department. You can be proud to be admitted there! I'm admitted too, so maybe we'll see each other in Peoria!!</p>

<p>I noticed that there is a biomedical concentration in one of the engineering departments. Anyone familiar with that program?</p>

<p>Also, are there coops/internships available?</p>

<p>And is Peoria a decent size city, or is it a college town?</p>

<p>Thanks for any info!</p>

<p>Not familiar with the biomedical concentration.</p>

<p>Yes...coops and internships available to engineering students</p>

<p>Peoria - not just a college town - about 115,000 city pop, 350,000 total metro pop, 3rd largest metro area in Illinois. World HQ to Caterpillar, 3 major hospitals, beautiful civic center with a symphony orchestra, broke ground for a new museum complex.</p>

<p>Hi Montegut,</p>

<p>I know you from the Marquette Board. I took my D for a visit to Bradley last spring, and even though Marquette is her top pick right now she still liked Bradley alot. It is in a big city, but not as accessible to stuff as Marquette. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. With full tuition offered for NMF and half tuition for NMSF it is a great deal financially for a good school. We are waiting to see what kind of scholarship money we get from Marquette before closing the door on Bradley.</p>

<p>Hi I am transfer student from a university to Bradley manufacturing engineering (IMET) department, I am 1 month old here and I feel that, Bradley engineering has got high standards, The professors @ IMET department are very co-operative and helping. </p>

<p>I am learning a lot from day one I have joined this university. I advise people searching for manufacturing engineering to choose Bradley, since academically and financially the department is most supportive than any other place</p>