Brandeis Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi (for future applicants) I was admitted for fall 2023 with a $15,000 ($60,000 over 4 years) presidential scholarship. My GPA is 96/100 UW 32 ACT I have an extensive amount of extracurriculars and my common app essay was definitely a strong part of my application.

1 Like

Daughter got in with Presidential Scholarships $15000 per year.
35 ACT, 11AP (5 in sr. year and 6 by junior year: 5-5s, 1-4)
4.10 GPA, no ranking in HS
Commended Scholar, Biology major
Really happy for her considering getting some rejections from other schools earlier.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I did not receive any merit aid, so Brandeis is still out of reach for me even though it is my dream school :frowning:

I also took 7 aps and have a 5 and 4s on the exams I took previously

1 Like

At least one of the WLs was before May 1

2 Likes

D23 in with a Presidential Scholarship (15k annually)
3.82 UW gpa
1600 SAT
NMF
9 APs
Range of strong extracurriculars

3 Likes

D23 admitted, humanities fellowship 20K
3.8 UW, 4.5 W, 11 APs, 34 ACT, decent ECs, no special awards/honors
great writer

1 Like

Accepted for January 2024 start. 3.52 GPA UW, 9 honors, 4 APs, 3 dual enrollments. 35 ACT (36E, 32M, 36R, 35S). No merit or need-based aid making this a tough decision.

Same here— son was admitted with Spring start too. He wants to study abroad in Japan but not right away— May consider other his acceptances from schools instead of starting in Jan. :confused:

Is this merit award for each year?

Thanks for the anecdote. Shall keep that in mind.

Yes, annually.

My son was admitted 1470 SAT - 5k merit and 4.0 gpa - he has a job and also volunteers at an inner city school. He had 6 AP’s - classics major

1 Like

Admitted in CS with 15K merit aid. It looks like $15K is the max merit aid Brandeis is giving. The 68K cost after the aid is still too expensive.

That’s fantastic. Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Daughter got accepted. Undecided major. School of Arts and Sciences. 3.97 Unweighted GPA. Didn’t submit test scores. 4 APs. 2 Dual Enrollment College classes. Has a job. President of National English Honor Society. Board member of BBYO for multiple semesters. Did a service project for sick children. Volunteer student tutor/mentor. Art camp counselor/volunteer. Volunteered on 2020 Presidential Campaign. Wrote excellent essays. Got almost a full ride of financial aid. Seriously considering this school. Daughter also accepted at: UF, UCF, Colorado College, Dickinson College, so far.

3 Likes

Excellent, congratulations! It is a very good school.

My son was admitted but with no merit aid and no financial aid. COA is $86,000/yr - ridiculous! Fortunately, he has received aid at every other private school, which makes Brandeis about $25,000 more per year than any other option. Hard to justify that cost. :disappointed:

2 Likes