Branson vacation anyone?

<p>We have a friend who is performing in Branson, and I wondered if anyone has actually gone there to see the shows, and your thoughts…</p>

<p>I understand many talented musical theater young people perform there, that the shows are old-style “family friendly” musicals, lean toward country music, and are targeted to “middle America.”</p>

<p>What has been your experience?</p>

<p>DH and I have been many times. Have seen a few shows - the Chinese acrobats, Kirby VanBurch (magician), SIX (great show!), musical theater. I think that a lot of different musical types are represented. We’re always there in the summer, and there are at least a couple different oldies shows. Some “family performers” groups as well as rock and roll shows.</p>

<p>My general impression of Branson is that it is very family oriented. Shows seem to convey a theme of God, family and USA, which I find very uplifting. Of course, there’s a whole lot more to Branson than just the shows. They have beautiful lakes (boating, fishing, etc.), lots of shopping (outlet stores everywhere and don’t miss Branson landing), and other fun things to see and do (theme park, golfing, nature trails). </p>

<p>Full disclosure: we go every year because we are picking up our kids from a nearby summer camp, so it is very convenient. However, this year our youngest will be working at the camp, and we are still trying to figure out a way to go anyway because we enjoy it so much!</p>

<p>We also spent time in Branson every summer due to picking up kids from camp. My husband, who grew up in Las Vegas, found it to be like the LV of his childhood, without the gambling…though MUCH more family oriented (he might have used the word “cheesy”). It is a beautiful place and we have lots of happy memories there. We always had fun at the shows.</p>

<p>Too funny! Our high school band trip later this month is to Branson. Of course I am the social coordinator for the band board and responsible for planning the entire trip.</p>

<p>It really depends on what time of year you visit what all is available as the schedules are limited in the off season. April is borderline as shows are starting to pick back up but their schedules are not back to full speed. It has been really difficult trying to plan for a group of high schoolers. </p>

<p>We are doing the Branson Zip Line, Dixie Stampede, Silver Dollar City, IMAX and The Track. As for dining: Lamberts Home of the Throwed Roll, Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks. Heard great things about both of those places.</p>

<p>I really wanted to see the Acrobats of China but their schedule is too limited and did not work for us. :frowning: Got to remember that Branson has many “seniors” that visit that like those early bed times so you have early show times and restaurants close early. </p>

<p>I’ll let you know how the trip goes</p>

<p>We have been to Branson since our other daughter attends missouri state univ. in nearby Springfield. My favorite show was the Dixie stampede and my least favorite was Kirby van burch.</p>

<p>If you are looking for a place to stay, the Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks is my favorite. It is run by students at the college who are part of the program of restaurant/hotel management. But don’t be fooled. This place is first class! The lodge itself is gorgeous! They bring you homemade cookies and milk from the college creamery at night. Breakfast delivered to you in the morning. The Loft Suites are huge! (This place is one of the reasons that we look forward to going back to Branson.) Check it out.</p>

<p>[The</a> Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks](<a href=“http://www.keetercenter.edu%5DThe”>http://www.keetercenter.edu)</p>