Broadcast Journalism

Does anyone have an opinion of this program at UA? D got into UA and UMD for this same program and am wondering how each is ranked and prospects for future employment. TIA.

Is cost a factor at all? I’m not sure I’d pay a high premium for one over the other. Both universities are accredited by ACEMJC: http://www.acejmc.org/accreditation-reviews/accredited-programs/accreditedreaccredited/

It’s an EXTREMELY competitive field, regardless of where you’ve earned your degree. Your ability to make connections as an undergrad, through internships, etc., I think is key.

I am a product of UA’s journalism department (newspapers, though) and don’t know a whole lot about the broadcast journalism side. However, I have been impressed by the students I see being announced as having obtained internships and first jobs across the country. The biggest growth seems to be in sports journalism (surprise surprise). The new broadcast center opened by the College of Communication and Information Sciences in Bryant-Denney Stadium seems to be making a huge impact.