Brown Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

@MommaLue totally respect your opinion but I wouldn’t submit something that is optional 2 weeks late. It suggests you just ignored a published deadline and didn’t prioritize your Brown application versus just decided to not submit.

I don’t think there is a definitive right or wrong answer but might not sit well with an AO who is obligated to live up to hard deadlines.

Just my 2 cents.

6 Likes

And remember the video is “optional”. Though now a days everyone translates “optional” into it’s better to do it. Do people feel if it wasn’t done a student will be penalized?

I mean if it was a college with a 20+ admit rate I would say no, but its Brown so probably

My son who was admitted early in December did not submit a video. He felt that he was fully represented in his application (essays, transcript, scores and activities), and doing a video would not add anything to his application so chose not to do it. I think if he was applying regular decision, he would have still done it as he wouldn’t want Brown to think he wasn’t as serious about his interest in Brown, but as he applied ED he didn’t have the same worry.

10 Likes

If you end up on the waitlist do colleges typically ask for your final semester grades to help make a decision ?

@bobozeak No

Thanks. Just curious how you know for sure.

Pretty sure all schools ask for final transcript by July. It might not be factored into their decision about waitlisted applicants, but if your grades tank or your schedule changes materially, your offer of admission could get revoked, I assume.

1 Like

I know they asked for transcripts just to make sure that the senior slump isn’t too severe. But I’m wondering if they use end of yeargrades to decide who to pick off a wait list.

I am sure that many students who finish the year strong will make sure to update their file.

Has anyone had an IDOC request from Brown? I’m wondering if it comes in an email from Brown or or from IDOC/College board? (Or do you just see it when you log into IDOC?)

I got it for another college but it comes from
College board. Not from Brown

Now that I look, I don’t see anything on the Brown portal. I did CSS and IDOCs for other colleges.

Check on college board. I believe it will show the colleges you sent CSS to.
If I remember correctly, Brown did not require an IDOC upload

2 Likes

It’s my understanding that Brown only requests the IDOC from some students and it can be an indication that they are interested in you, but not sure if there is truth to that or at what point in the process they would make the request.

1 Like

Generally finaid and admissions work independently. So, I doubt idoc request signifies interest

1 Like

IDOC is usually based on the complexity of the family’s financial aid situation, and should not be taken as an indication of admissions status.

1 Like

Good to know!

Are decisions really confirmed for the 31st?

Website still says early April even though Yale says by April 1 and to my knowledge the Ivy Day agreement across the schools (to notify on same date) has not been terminated.

3 Likes