Brown Class of 2025 RD

My dd waitlisted. Any suggestions on what we could/should do now?

Son was accepted PLME​:partying_face::partying_face:

Native American (enrolled tribe)
4.35 w/ all dual enrollment Jr/Sr year
35 ACT/36 superscore
No subject tests or SAT
Stem focused ECs and Substantial leadership roles in clubs
Two year research internship
Lots and lots of volunteer hours
Very strong essays
Counselor LOR 9/10
English teacher LOR 8/10
Poor Math teacher is a terrible writer 6/10

And so the kid is going to Brown!! We already accepted his spot!

12 Likes

Send a LOCI (can find examples online) with updates and reiterating interest.

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

ACCEPTED!!
Deferred ED
SAT 1470 ~ GPA 4.32/4.33
Rank 2/350

Also accepted: UPenn, Northeastern, Middlebury, BC, UVM
Waitlisted: Tufts, UMich, Dartmouth
Rejected: Duke, Cornell, Harvard, Yale

6 Likes

Congrats!!

You killed it PerformingDude! Be proud of yourself because I am proud of you and I don’t even know you. My D21 applied to many of the same schools as you. She was rejected by Brown tonight (her dream) but accepted to Colgate, Wash & Lee, Union, Bucknell and Holy Cross; great choices. I am so proud of her. My choice for you is Amherst!

4 Likes

You’re the literal best

1 Like

OMG thank you!!! Your daughter killed it too oh my goodness!!! I am definitely leaning Amherst :purple_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! Out of curiosity what state and tribe? I have a close friend who’s born and raised Alaskan Yupik and just got into Dartmouth :slight_smile:

Accepted after being deferred ED!!! Literally in shock and I got incredible aid

6 Likes

First off, congrats to everyone for making it through especially this year!
Accepted
SAT 1450 ~ GPA 4.6
Rank 2/260
Defiantly think ECs Leadership and Recs and rigor outside school limitations was what got me in.
Also accepted: Cornell Engineering, Carnegie Mellon SCS, Georgia Tech(Stamps and will likely attend), U of Rochester, Northeastern, Case, RPI, UF, Mines
Rejected: University of Washington

4 Likes

Daughter was ED deferred and ACCEPTED today! So very happy for her. Her other decision today was a waitlist at Dartmouth. She was ready to commit to Lafayette College where she received a generous merit scholarship but I am pretty sure, based on her joyous reaction, she will now enroll at Brown.

6 Likes

I rarely post here because I didn’t think we’d hit the lottery. My son got in after deferred. Wow. Us West Coaster are going to have to buy a coat. Can’t wait to learn so much more from the Brown veteran. Would you recommend Facebook parent page?

8 Likes

Congratulations! I’m on the Parents/Guardians of Brown class of 2025 (which is fairly quiet, but I’m sure will pick up now that more students have been admitted) and the Brown university parents/guardians group (which is much more active). There is also an Instagram group that my son has joined and they do Saturday zoom meetings that he’s been enjoying.

2 Likes

WAITLISTED.

Who on earth gets waitlisted at so many schools???

D18

Accepted (with large merit at schools that give merit):
Boston College
Northeastern Honors
UNC Chapel Hill- Out of state
Brandeis
Providence College- Honors
Worcester Polytech
UVM- Honors

Waitlisted:
Harvard, Brown, Dartmouth, Vanderbilt, Amherst, Colby, Middlebury, Boston University, Tufts, Connecticut College (?)

Denied:
Nowhere. Bizarre.

2 Likes

I got a bunch of waitlists too!

Accepted:
Amherst
Bates
Colby
Conn College
McGill
Middlebury
Oberlin
Sarah Lawrence
USM
Vassar

Waitlisted:
Bowdoin
Brown
NYU
Harvard
Williams

Rejected:
Yale (ended my freaking no-reject streak!!!)

1 Like

I was accepted. For those who are interested in stats, here are mine:

SAT: 1480
ECs: 3 leadership (NHS, Spanish Honors Society, etc.), track and field, crosscountry, all pretty typical. No published research or anything super exceptional.
Fairly strong essays
Major: electrical engineering

Other schools:

Waitlisted at Dartmouth, UNC Chapel Hill, and Duke
Rejected at Stanford, Princeton, Yale, UC Berkeley, USC
Accepted at UCI, UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, GA Tech, and now Brown

As a takeaway for those waitlisted or rejected, this process seems pretty random to me. Everyone is so highly qualified in these applicant pools, and I don’t know how they make these decisions.

3 Likes

The process is SOO random!! I talked to friends who got into where I got rejected from but rejected where I got waitlisted today! Just so grateful to have a super top choice at the end. Huge congrats on Brown!!

Sorry I was too excited! Here are my stats:

GPA 4.37 W/3.95 UW (not sure because my school doesn’t calculate but I think thats it)
SAT: 1500 (submitted)
ECs: Varsity Crew, JCL President, JSA stuff, NHS, Started virtual tutoring organization during pandemic
Major: Poli Sci

Other Schools:
Rejected - Harvard, Dartmouth, Duke, Northwestern
Waitlist - UNC, UVA, Colby
Accepted - URI and Umass Honors, Nova, Davidson, Georgetown, Brown

Going to tour Georgetown and Brown over break but strongly lean Brown

3 Likes