Brown Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Brown Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 5

2 Likes

Hi everyone! My daughter just sent in her application and her intro video. She’s not getting her hopes up, and is excited about other possibilities (she’s been admitted to Macalester.) But Brown would be amazing.

Stats: GPA 4.0 UW (her school doesn’t do weighted)
ACT: 35
National Merit
Coursework: 4 AP, 9 IB – 5s on AP stats and calculus
Activities: heavy involvement in school theater, performance choir, a few clubs, president of Thespian Society
She hasn’t done much outside of school or community involvement, which might count her out.

Good luck to you all! What did you/your kids do for the intro video?

6 Likes

I haven’t submitted my intro video yet! Also interested to hear what others have done.

2 Likes

Do any of you know when admission results are expected to arrive by?

I believe it’s March 30th

2 Likes

Anyone get interviews for RD? If so, which state?

1 Like

I don’t believe Brown interviews. That is why they added the optional video.

4 Likes

@TonyGrace thank you! That’s helpful to know.

1 Like

Does anyone have two of these on their checklists? Just wondering if its the norm or if I should call admissions tomorrow to make sure…

Not sure what you would be checking? You need to make sure that your high school sends those two documents as soon as they are available. Since it is almost the end of January, are they available now?

I am not sure if our school provides mid year official transcripts - definitely a mid year report. Brown is the only school asking for two different mid year documents so I would like to make sure guidance sends whats needed…

2 Likes

My dtrs portal says that the mid-year report is due Feb 24th or upon completion of your first semester. So you still have time to submit it.

That sounds good! Wishing you well!

does it have mid year report and mid year transcript? two different things?

Yes, both are shown (and this is true for most of the schools to which my D applied).

The counselor fills out the report (which is generally just a one page form) and then attaches the transcript with it.

If you want to see what the midyear report looks like in the Common App, go to the FERPA/Recommenders section for Brown, and you can probably click on a pdf version of the report there. The counselor fills that out (though probably online rather than a paper copy), and as you can see at the bottom of that form, it says “Attach applicant’s current or most recent transcript or grade report, including courses in progress and a transcript legend.” That’s why the portal has two entries - they want to be sure they’re getting both that form (“report”) and the transcript itself.

It’s very similar to the way the original school report would have worked - your counselor would have submitted that report along with your initial transcript.

1 Like

Here’s what is looks like:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Where do you see the intro video?

You can’t see the actual video after you submit it but under your application checklist it will say “Video introduction received.”

2 Likes