Brown Class of 2027 Official Thread

I am a Brown alum and used to interview. They did away with interviewing during Covid sadly. But definitely submit the video! It is their way of getting to see who you are.

3 Likes

Do what you love! I feel like the more unique the better!
My son did his video on mushroom hunting here in Colorado and the effect that the wildfires have had on mushrooms, then cooked a pasta dish.
Show what makes you tick, what gets you excited and it will be excellent :heart:

5 Likes

does brown send likely letters

Yes, but extremely rare!

4 Likes

I got an additional recommendation letter from my professor. Should I email it to the admissions committee?

2 Likes

I believe that Brown wants the recommender to email it directly - there is info on the admissions website

Does anyone know when admitted students day is this year?

1 Like

My daughter says March 30st for all the Ivys
 ?

thanks - but not the day admissions decisions come out, the day they will be having “Admitted Students Day” for the kids who are admitted

1 Like

Last year there were 3 “A Day On College Hill” days in April:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Anyone has financial aid documents downloaded in financial aid portal?

None for us, except for FAFSA and CSS

nope, just FAFSA and CSS

1 Like

We have CSS, FAFSA, Federal Tax Return, and Student Non Filer Statement, but I don’t think that means anything because they are all dated back in November (was an ED applicant, deferred, though these documents didn’t show up in the portal until after the ED round; it wasn’t really recently, though).

2 Likes

Do deferred students have a higher chance of getting in?

Not certain but I would say no, as Brown does not consider demonstrated interest.

Do any of you have anything other than FAFSA and CSS profile on Brown FA portal?

1 Like

your daughter is amazing, good luck!

1 Like

More documents today. last one dated 3/6.

2 Likes