Brown Class of 2027 Official Thread

U misunderstood. We’re talking about the IDOC request. As in brown getting added to IDOC

so am i, they can calculate financial aid with the css profile alone, admissions knows you are requesting aid and around how much you’re gonna cost them if accepted, that does not mean that they’re gonna request documents from every admitted student early in the process. also, if you’re parents have assets or a business they may request additional docs because it’s harder to understand alone from the css.
bottom line: no additional documents request does not mean rejection/ additional documents request does not mean acceptance. we’re gonna have to wait until decisions to really know what’s the final decision

1 Like

Thanks for saying what I wanted to. This is the real explanation.

1 Like

It’s more the fact that almost every other school of mine has several docs from IDOC. But thanks!

could that be because your parents have several forms of income? those cases tend to get several doc requests from Idoc because the css info alone never paints a complete picture in those cases, it’s way easier if your parents only have one source of income

1 Like

in the actual IDOC portal under “Institution Requesting Documents”? Does anyone see Brown on this list?

Not for my daughter. There are six of her schools listed, but Brown is not one of them.

1 Like

Same here. Two others, but not Brown.

1 Like

thats why I was confused - I dont think anyone has Brown on that list - I looked at last years CC thread and noone mentioned having it on there…I think all this portal astrology is just confusing everyone lol

1 Like

yes

Also, they have not contacted us for anything additional. (We did already have everything uploaded to the IDOC portal for other schools). We do see additional documents in our Brown portal in addition to CSS and FAFSA.

2 Likes

Nope- single income household.

1 Like

thank you for confirming! hope this means good luck for you!!!

Thank you! (but we are definitely not counting on it).

I was Babette a few years back! but not Belle this weekend, sadly. I’ll be Marmee in Little Women next month.

anyway–yes, I got into Mac EA w/ a DeWitt Wallace scholarship! it’s my top choice out of my accepted schools because of the price. I got in UMich EA also but can’t afford it. Brown is the dream though:)

2 Likes

anyone get the email they just sent? no more portal astrology I guess… :frowning:

what did it say?

Yeah - it says the portal will close tomorrow until decision day next Thursday. Bland and impersonal.

1 Like

Hey,
Don’t get too excited for IDOC requests. We had 2 IDOC requests from Brown the week before early decisions. My daughter was deferred. At least she has another chance. But at this point, Briwn has anything they would need to determine financial aid. March 30th is the day.

1 Like

My portal is a hot mess rn. I know they sent out an email saying they would disable the checklist, but is everyone’s FA tab also gone?

4 Likes

yes

1 Like