Brown Class of 2027 Official Thread

You can click the edit button, delete everything and write deleted

1 Like

Last child! So last time to go through this exciting yet excruciating process!!

3 Likes

Good luck, everyone! Please brace yourself, and remind yourself that not getting into a school with a four percent acceptance rate is NO reflection on you as a human being or a student. This year has been a nightmare for so many kids, with redonkulously low acceptance rates all over the place, even at state schools. If you are disappointed, you are in good company, and remember that you don’t need an Ivy League education to get a great education and a great start in life.

We will be shocked if my daughter gets in (she was rejected from Northwestern last week, with admission stats very similar to Brown this year), and she’s very excited about going to Macalester in the fall.

10 Likes

Same here - glad we won’t have to go through this again :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Brown University
admission@brown.edu via technolutions.net

Wed, Mar 22, 3:12 PM

"We are writing to notify you that beginning on March 23 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, the checklist on your Brown Applicant Portal will no longer be available for viewing. Please double-check the status of your application before this time to be sure that we have received your required materials. You will still have the ability to upload supplementary material through your portal.

Admission decisions for applicants to the Class of 2027 will be available online on March 30 beginning at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Office of College Admission"

I hear ya! My s23 was rejected or waitlisted at schools that should have been slam dunks, yet accepted into Bowdoin (with ~6% acceptance rate for RD). Such a brutal admissions cycle! He attended the Brown pre-college program over the summer (was accepted into the BELL program in Florida, but they had to cancel due to COVID restrictions) so he wanted to follow through with an application. If rejected by Brown, Bowdoin is terrific, so no bad outcomes.
Best of luck to everyone!!!

5 Likes

hoping my kid did this. lol

3 Likes

Bowdoin is amazing. Congrats!

2 Likes

We don’t expect to have good news. If we do, great.

23 applied to this one Ivy — not all — because the school has a program of particular interest.

Good luck to all!

1 Like

No because my son submitted the video when he applied and was accepted and he is very unattractive😀

Good luck everyone!!

Go Bruno

2 Likes

You totally made me bust out laughing!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Yes, he loves their biology and English departments. Especially the concentration in ecology, evolutionary and marine biology. Of course, Brown has the entire undergrad (and graduate) department of ecology, evolution and organismal biology, undergrad track in marine biology, and the 4+1 master’s program in EEB. We shall know in less than 2 hours! :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Is that a BROWN bear? Guaranteed admission!

1 Like

Not sure if that was intended for me? That is Bruno Brown’s mascot in front of the athletic fields. There are numerous Brown bear sculptures all over campus.

My girl was rejected

Same here. Rejected. But she expected it bc she knew she didn’t put enough effort in the essays or the video.
Didn’t have any extra documents in financial aid section other than CSS and FAFSA.

1 Like

My girl’s video was so freaking good. I just loved it. She put so much effort into it. Oh well! She has some great options that are WAY cheaper!

6 Likes

Rejected. Thought my D’s video was good. Had the extra financial aid documents. ED deferred. She has great options, though. Congratulations to any future Brunonians!

3 Likes

Son was rejected. 1590 4.0 uw, his video was not super polished but it was fun. Ivy day was rough here with 4 rejections and 1 waitlist (Cornell). Obviously we all went in knowing this was the likely outcome, but there is still disappointment. We went out to get icecream as a family, and will be regrouping this weekend to figure out next steps. :heart:

Daughter rejected as well (1550 and good grades etc), she was deferred early decision, rejected from almost all other ivys (or waitlisted at Harvard randomly), but luckily Cornell accepted, so she is happy. Though I would have thought at least waitlisted with first choice and all. But I did think about all the kids putting so much effort in and all getting rejections and how brutal this is mentally.

2 Likes