Brown University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Last year my daughter applied to a bunch of schools which would have been a slam dunk only 2 years prior but due to the pandemic last year was tougher than normal. Make sure you have good safety schools you are happy with

1 Like

Thank you! Iā€™m hoping I get into a few schools that are closer to home but Iā€™m quite happy with UVM!

3 Likes

Dwe

What portion of deferred candidates got in through RD last year?

1 Like

My son was accepted.

10 Likes

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s what we found applying last year. Yes, Admissions and FA are separate. If you are missing froms that need to be in idoc, and you applied for FA, the FA office will reach out to make sure all of that is complete. I donā€™t think that necessarily means anything, though itā€™s possible.

What we noticed that I think is meaningful, is that at a certain date, various specific tax docs were downloaded from idoc by FA. I think this was a tell. I did sleuthing at the time over several years previous, and other situations were the same. My D was admitted to Brown and Dartmouth, and both had various tax forms downloaded (W2s, 1040, etc).

Sorry I didnā€™t see this earlier. You all know now (unless you are RD lurking ā€“ btw, my D was RD). I hope it was good news!

My senior was rejected from Brown unfortunately but also offered presidential scholarship and honors spot at UVM. Might be a good option.

7 Likes

Our son was accepted ED- so excited for him. We toured 15 different colleges, and Brown was the only place he actually bought a T-shirt. The CC forums were super helpful during the whole process, so thanks to everyone here who shares their valuable knowledge, tips and insights!

9 Likes

My son was accepted. So excited for him. Anyone in pa or New Jersey?
Would love for my son to know others before going. Congratulations to everyone!

6 Likes

Congratulations! There is a Facebook group for Brown parents. You will definitely find some parents from your state there! Now enjoy the holidays!

2 Likes

Congratulations! :+1:

Thanks for the info - I have a questionā€¦how do you know which college downloaded the docs from IDOC and on what date?

1 Like

This was after everything was complete for idoc. There was a list in her admissions portal, I think under a financial aid link (I wasnā€™t on there myself). It had the initial download in November, and then a list of specific tax documents (W2s etc) appeared in early March with download dates next to them. This was only true for Brown and Dartmouth. She also got into Northwestern and saw nothing like that in their portal. Good luck with your application!

2 Likes

Congratulations to all those accepted to this wonderful university. Your kids, and you, are going to love Providence and Brown.

1 Like