Brown University Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying ED to Brown University.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

2 Likes

Brown supplemental essay prompt 2
Students entering Brown often find that making their home on College Hill naturally invites reflection on where they came from. Share how an aspect of your growing up has inspired or challenged you, and what unique contributions this might allow you to make to the Brown community. (200-250 words)*

How to answer this prompt ? what exactly Brown expects from this prompt ?

It’s a pretty straightforward prompt. They want to know you and what you’ll bring to their community.

2 Likes

Hello! Has anyone who has submitted their ED application received their portal invitation yet?

Aren’t those released immediately after 1st November, asking everyone to submit their optional 2min videos?

1 Like

My daughter submitted a couple of weeks ago and got the portal the next day.

My daughter submitted a couple of weeks ago and got it the next day.

Thank you! It was eventually found in her spam :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Brown has said their early decision notifications will come out “by mid-December”.

Does anyone know if there’s a more exact estimate, maybe based on past years? For example, if for the last three years the Brown early decision notifications have always come out the Tuesday before December 15 (I’m making this up), that would be helpful to know.

Whatever Thursday is around the 15th if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Thanks! Has anyone else heard this?

1 Like

I think they came out 12/20 last year.

2 Likes

I think you are right. Now that you mention it I have a vague memory of them not being ready when all the other Ivies came out.

1 Like