Bryce Lawn Apartments

<p>Does anyone have an opinions on these apartments? What are they like on the inside compared Ridgecrest dorms? And what are they located near on campus? Thanks.</p>

<p>Found this…with pics of the interiors!!</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/archive_files/files/wbasketball/2007-08/mediaguide/48-49.pdf[/url]”>http://www.rolltide.com/archive_files/files/wbasketball/2007-08/mediaguide/48-49.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>It also says that it’s within walking distance to Coleman Coliseum and Bryant Hall</p>

<p>Mom, Somehow I knew you would be the one answering me. I did take a look for descriptions on the housing link. I saw some there but I guess I wanted to see if anyone here has a student who actually lived there. I did not realize the athletes lived there, I thought they lived in Bryant. Do you know how old they are? I’m thinking they are old and dated but I don’t know why I think that and I can’t find info to back that up. I think I’m getting old:)</p>

<p>They are close to the music school. They have been around for a while and, as I understand it, may be showing their age. A single costs just about what the Honors dorms cost, but the Bryce Lawn Apartments aren’t as nice according to the reports I’ve heard. </p>

<p>They might be a good housing option for students in music and nursing. Unfortunately for students on housing scholarship who might be attracted to them for their location, they offer double rooms – which means that in addition to having to live in a less “nice” dorm, the housing scholarship would only cover a double rather than the single rooms available in the Honors dorms on the other side of campus.</p>

<p>There are more pictures and floor plans on the Housing and Residential Communities webpage.</p>

<p>Thanks. My son may be interested in them for the reason you mentioned, easy access to the music building and marching band field. Also, he thinks it would be closer to some of his classes (engineering). He is not on a housing scholarship but is in honors. I did check the website as you suggested.</p>

<p>We have athletes in several halls on campus, and Bryant Hall is an all-male hall, so only male athletes would be eligible for that space.</p>

<p>Much of what is written above is absolutely true. If your son is going to be in MDB (Million Dollar Band) or a music major, Bryce Lawn is the closest hall to those areas of campus. It’s not a hard and fast rule, but typically Bryce Lawn has more upperclassmen, but the freshman population there is growing.</p>

<p>Where is the marching band field?</p>

<p>The marching band field in on University Drive…kind of east of the main campus.</p>

<p>Look at R-8 on the map…the band field is marked in green</p>

<p>[Full</a> Campus Map - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>