BS Class of 2020 Thread

The Goat family is hanging in there - no yoga/goga, jiu jitzu, or competitive swimming for us, just trying to float without drowning. GK1 is coming home today, and we can’t wait to have her back home. GK2, who has CF, was released from the hospital yesterday and just started a 3-week Algebra camp but isn’t doing too well health-wise. Had a horrible allergic reaction to one of the IV antibiotics, causing serum sickness with swollen, painful joints and itchy rash all over his body. His lung function dropped 10 points. He also was diagnosed with CF-related diabetes, so we’re adding insulin to the one dozen other drugs and daily treatments. I wish I had better news to report. I’m normally a glass-half-full person, but spending your nights on a hospital couch gets the best of you. Has the summer begun yet???

So sorry to hear of son and his health concerns, @GoatMama. Hugs to you and sending positive and healing vibes your direction. I’m glad you’ll all be reunited under one roof soon.

And happy belated birthday to @chemmchimney kid!

@GoatMama – Wishing your son better health soon. My son had such severe asthma when he was a toddler that we had him tested for CF as well as some auto-immune diseases at UCLA.

It will be wonderful for both your kids to be together again. Hopefully, your daughter’s homecoming will be more a help than a hindrance to you (I write this as someone whose kids DO NOT currently get along. . . ). Virtual hugs to the entire Goat Family :slight_smile:

Well wishes going out to your family @GoatMama .

gosh really hate to hear all of this @goatmama. Nothing harder than a sick child. Poor kid! I hope having goatkid1 @ home might help cheer things up. My thoughts go out to all of you!

Holding the whole goat family in the Light. That sounds really rough.

You all are too kind! Until now, GK2 has done really well health-wise, so we’ve been lulled. As parents, we’ve also bought into our own “you can do anything you wanna do” pep talks. It’s a wake-up call. Respect the disease! Being realistic with your kids about their own limitations can be really hard, but building castles in the air is cruel, dangerous, or both. (Some goat wisdom out of hospital couch surfing… :wink: )

@itcannotbetrue, thinking of your son’s health post-BS and really hoping for the best!

GK1 finally home today - so considerate, helpful, and mature it’s makes me want to cry (but then most everything has the same effect on me lately, so there’s that).

@copperboom, enjoy that goga with your ballerina and let us know how it went!

@GoatMama I hope your GoatKid2 feels better real soon!

Hugs to you @GoatMama.

Adding more hugs, @GoatMama, and wishing inner peace for you and health for GK2. You show so much strength.

Sending hugs and healing to @GoatMama and the GKkids. That sounds tough

@GoatMama I send good wishes for GK2’s health and to the whole family. I hope it all gets easier soon.

@goatmama --how is your son doing now? Thinking about you.

I’ll PM you, @itcannotbetrue

Taking kiddo out to practice driving makes me feel excited, proud, terrified and sad all at the same time.

The first “date” also happened this summer. X_X

Everyone else having fun?!?

Hi @AppleNotFar --we, too, are in the throes of driving hours. The experience is making me want to wait until 18, when in our state, we won’t have to do these dreadful training hours!

Any rowing camps for Applekid this Summer? DD is doing one at Stanford at the end of the Summer

Although my daughter is a 2019- she just turned 15 in June. So hoping we can be honorary class of 2020 members. She will be taking a gap year after graduation.
She is working 2 summer jobs- one in a cafe and another at a retail shop. Had her first guy friend over to watch a movie & walk to get ice cream last week. She is at sleep away field hockey camp with her team this week and has 2 girls from school staying with us for 5 days next week. Oh and she got a puppy for her birthday- or should I say - I got a puppy for her birthday.

@itcannotbetrue DC is going to a rowing camp next month as well. Summer is going by so fast!

@vegas1 We have several 4-legged children ourselves and I think they might be what DC misses most while away at school!